Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
rth009
996 Posts
Not even close--especially with all the snow we've had this year. Usually by mid-may you can ride either end of it, but the section in the center is not rideable until mid-late june and not snow free until july.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
It's unlikely any of Bozeman's local trails will be rideable by mid-April. I can't remember ever riding that early unless it was at Lewis and Clark Caverns / Pipestone - neither of which is worth travelling from Canada to ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Last year we had a great warm spring, so a friend and I decided to ride the Bangtail divide trail for Memorial day. I am still not sure why we kept hiking through the 3 feet of snow in the magic forest section, but it was a learning experience. Middle of June on a good year is probably the best case for Bangtail. In Bozeman the Bridger trails open in May (Truman Gulch, Sypes Canyon) and the trails south of town are usually open in late May or early June (South Cotton Wood, Leverich, Triple Tree) then the higher elevation trails like Bangtail and Emerald Lake are mid June Early July.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.