Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader-1st time posting on here.

I am about to make the leap to the 29" wheel and have decided on the Bandersnatch (or M.C.R). My background is heavy in technical trails, hucking, drops, jumps, etc...Bikes w/ slack geometry. I also have a Turner RFX and feel better with a slacker head angle and more forgiving geometry.

Im interested to see what the outcome of running a 110mm fork on a Bandersnatch would be like. Anyone completed this task? I did search and found the individual that was running the 130mm Fluid on their Vassago and raved about it. Any issues w/ the headtube junction?

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
WOODS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't like it.

I currently have my Bander set up with a 100mm Reba and don't like the compromised handling. Had it set up with an 80mm WB, put the Reba on for super-D racing, but now that I'm done with that for the season, the WB is going back on. With the Reba, the front end is 'floppy' and hard to keep down on steeper climbs. The handling is spot on with the 80WB, don't think I'd even recommend the Reba set at 80 (higher AC than WB).

BTW, also had it set up with a Bonti Race X carbon rigid originally, but it was much too much fun to ride slowly enough with the rigid fork, so I added the squish.

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.