Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 6x7=Dont Panic!
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all remember BME and the hgomemade carbon bike, right? Well, now theres a bamboo one as well. Here is the thread fron general discussion. I think it looks pretty damn cool. Especially with that bamboo seatpost. I cant imagine that its that strong though...

· Just passing through....
1,328 Posts
TheRedMantra said:
You all remember BME and the hgomemade carbon bike, right? Well, now theres a bamboo one as well. Here is the thread fron general discussion. I think it looks pretty damn cool. Especially with that bamboo seatpost. I cant imagine that its that strong though...
The main problem is flammability. If you ride through an open flame, Phooooof....there goes your bike. Also, if you crash and get that bamboo under your fingernails, boy, does it hurt!!!!

Seriously though, it could never really be trusted as a frame material, in that I don't think you could really detect imperfections that would weaken the material, though I could be wrong. I look forward to the guys ride report though. The frame looks cool.

Oh yeah, and I wonder what it weighs......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.