Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This sucka is on it's way:

I've never had a full on XC full suspension bike before. I decided that my steel Voodoo wasn't gonna cut it for some of the epic races I have put on my calendar for 09. I got a great deal on this frame that's why I didn't wait for the 09. Plus the shock on the 09 looks kinda wimpy for my lard a$$. Here how I'll set er up:

Fork: Fox F100 RLC
Brakes: Avid Juicy Carbon
Wheels: Crossmax SL
Shifters and Rear derailleur: Sram XO
Front derailleur: Shimano XT
Cranks: Shimano XT
Stem / Seatpost: Thompson
Bars: Easton Carbon XC's
Saddle: WTB Silverado
Tires: Kenda Karma 2.0's

So I was kinda curious what you epic owners thought this might weigh. I know that the epic frames are kinda heavy but wasn't sure. Any idea??

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
ha ha ha, since i had an 08 i can only imagine then, honestly, the last big ride i did on the epic was 90kms off road on rocky terrain, after about 60 there was a point where i got off to check was the suspension actually working, this was with the brain fully open and the shock set for plenty of sag, sure enugh the travel ring showing that i was using up the suspension but man it didnt feel like it, after that day of torture i knew the epic wasnt for me

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tahiti said:
looks awesome.

this is just a general question, when people build up bikes like this do you buy most of the parts online, or order them through the LBS? Or some other way?
I always buy from my LBS. Even if I save a few bucks online, sometimes you don't get what you want and the hassle/my time is just not worth the savings. For this bike I already have most of the parts laying around.

·
Registered
239 Posts
tahiti said:
looks awesome.

this is just a general question, when people build up bikes like this do you buy most of the parts online, or order them through the LBS? Or some other way?
My friend does it both ways, most parts he will buy from the LBS but if he can get a much better deal online for something more expensive such as a brakeset or something, he will get it online.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.