Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9Zero7 Whiteout, Esker Hayduke & Salsa Timberjack
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this a stretch....been planning a Baja Divide trip, top to bottom for months, with my 19 yo son as my partner. He's since fallen and love and is likely backing out. I'm headed out solo if I have to, but would prefer to share the experience with a human! Early November departure, mid December arrival. I'm 47...& would ride with any age capable of pedaling for days!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds like such a great trip. I've seen a couple of trips folks have done.

Heads up, the baja 1000 is scheduled for 11-15 to 11-20. This year is a full-pull all the way down the peninsula. It starts in Ensenada area down to La Paz. The exact map is not out yet and pre-running starts a few weeks ahead of time. You can check here as the course develops. 2021 SCORE Race Schedule - SCORE Race Info

·
Registered
9Zero7 Whiteout, Esker Hayduke & Salsa Timberjack
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like such a great trip. I've seen a couple of trips folks have done.

Heads up, the baja 1000 is scheduled for 11-15 to 11-20. This year is a full-pull all the way down the peninsula. It starts in Ensenada area down to La Paz. The exact map is not out yet and pre-running starts a few weeks ahead of time. You can check here as the course develops. 2021 SCORE Race Schedule - SCORE Race Info
We'll be starting in San Diego right in that window, crossing the border at Tecate. I don't think we'll cross paths with the race given those dates, but I'll be paying attention for sure. It would be fun to be a spectator out on the trail. It will take us 3-4 days to get due east of Ensenada, my goal is a 40 mile/day average.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds fun. The peninsula is wide and you may not be anywhere near the race route, but then again it might cross your path. Worth checking when they release the route. And to further narrow down the race dates, the Friday and Saturday are the actual race days, so the 19th and 20th. The earlier dates are for tech/contingency/etc. There is also about a 36 hour time limit to finish. Post up if you can while you are on your trip, I'd love to follow along from afar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.