Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the landscape coated with a layer of frost, temp.'s in the low 30's, and the sun gleaming through the fall foilage the WEMS Championship 100 Mile Race went off with the blast of a shotgun at 8:00am at Levis Mound. The top 4 riders in the WEMS series were present and were ready to tackle 8 Laps and multiple trips up the brutal mounds of Levis. I took the early lead with Rich Lytle and Tyler Welnak behind. This order would remain for hours with gaps of only a few minutes between. Finally around 7 hours in I was able to stretch my lead to around 7 minutes. A mandatory 5:30pm light rule was in affect and with my lead being slim I decided to go minamalist and save time in the pits by grabbing only my Strykr Pro helmet light. I finished my final lap at dusk in the dark woods running my light for the last half hour of the race. I had stretched my lead to 30 minutes and finished with a time of 10:57 to take the win. In the process I secured 2nd Place Overall for the 2011 Wisconsin Endurance Mountain Bike Series.

It's been a great season and I'd like to thank Shannon and Baja Designs for their continued support and I look forward to 2012. Now it's time to relax and reflect on the hard work put into this past season.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Registered
579 Posts
With the landscape coated with a layer of frost, temp.'s in the low 30's, and the sun gleaming through the fall foilage the WEMS Championship 100 Mile Race went off with the blast of a shotgun at 8:00am at Levis Mound. The top 4 riders in the WEMS series were present and were ready to tackle 8 Laps and multiple trips up the brutal mounds of Levis. I took the early lead with Rich Lytle and Tyler Welnak behind. This order would remain for hours with gaps of only a few minutes between. Finally around 7 hours in I was able to stretch my lead to around 7 minutes. A mandatory 5:30pm light rule was in affect and with my lead being slim I decided to go minamalist and save time in the pits by grabbing only my Strykr Pro helmet light. I finished my final lap at dusk in the dark woods running my light for the last half hour of the race. I had stretched my lead to 30 minutes and finished with a time of 10:57 to take the win. In the process I secured 2nd Place Overall for the 2011 Wisconsin Endurance Mountain Bike Series.

It's been a great season and I'd like to thank Shannon and Baja Designs for their continued support and I look forward to 2012. Now it's time to relax and reflect on the hard work put into this past season.

Thanks,

Randy
Get job Randy!!! We are super proud of all of your effort this season and are happy that we could help. You can definitely count on Baja Designs support for the 2012 race season.

Shannon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.