Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
OnTheTrailAgain
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tight shorts are not an option for me.

I'm looking for a pair of baggy shorts.

What options/features should I look for?

Good Brands?
Padding?
Lining?
Etc...

I'm hoping to buy something locally instead of mail order
so that I can check the fit easily.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I feel you on that. I look for an elastic waist band hat goes all the way around...hate having to tie the string tight enough to keep the shorts up. Also, roomy-ness and a comfy pad are key. Throw in 6 deep pockets and I'm sold. Performance makes a pretty good camo one I've been in for a while...the pad is ok but the fit, elastic waist and pockets are very good.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
If you want to find one at a local store, that will limit your choices and it'll probably cost more. But you should be able to find Nema, Fox, Oakley, Pearl Izumi at most stores.....at least one of those names. Fox is probably the most popular but much can be said about their fit and durability. Oakley's are awesome buy very pricey. Hoss makes some cheap baggies but they're good quality....may be tough to find in local stores though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm running decent breathable stretch shorts with padding as a liner, then $12 Walmart baggy cargos on top. I get the padding and no chaffing due to the inner shorts and comfort/style/not having my junk on display or looking like a roadie by wearing the cargos.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've never been one to wear baggies, always found them to be hot and obstructive, but I bought a pair of Hoss Ponderosa's in February and really like them. They breath really well, they're cut well...they just plain feel good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DoctorJD said:
I've never been one to wear baggies, always found them to be hot and obstructive, but I bought a pair of Hoss Ponderosa's in February and really like them. They breath really well, they're cut well...they just plain feel good.
I snagged a pair of these as well, they work great.
I bought them online tho, not sure where to find them in stores.

·
OnTheTrailAgain
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ddraewwg said:
If you want to find one at a local store, that will limit your choices and it'll probably cost more. But you should be able to find Nema, Fox, Oakley, Pearl Izumi at most stores.....at least one of those names. Fox is probably the most popular but much can be said about their fit and durability. Oakley's are awesome buy very pricey. Hoss makes some cheap baggies but they're good quality....may be tough to find in local stores though.
Pearl Izumis are available around here. I'm going to check them out.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I like to switch off between the two. I have three pairs of SWOBO's. I really like them, they are really light in weight and the liner that comes with them is outstanding. They are like having nothing on at all. Down side is they're expensive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.