Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Greg Randolph from Bike magazine ran an article about how low budget road pros used Noxzema. Cheap, feels cool, and leaves your asc zit free. I pick up the walmart brand - even cheaper so you can use lots. May need to re-apply on longer rides, but hard to beat it.

Keith Bontrager mixed up his own with vasoline and triple antibiotic ointment mixed together. Tried it. It works well, but can seap through your shorts - leaves a shiny film on your saddle.

We got a bunch of this stuff about a year ago to evaluate (for applications between shirts and IBA, etc) and give the company our feedback...

Tried it for riding...works GREAT!

Throw in another vote for Bodyglide which I also find useful on my toes for long runs.

I like to use Desitin if I do have any rashes needing healing or even better is Silvadene - burn cream (prescription only?).

But neither have the nutritional benefits of canned cheese!

Cheers,
Mike

KERKOVEJ said:
Brave Soldier - Friction Zone

Started using it last year after having used Bag Balm, Chamois Butter, and Utterly Smooth. Friction Zone works really well...and it has a cooling effect. I feel it really excels on wet weather rides.
I second that. I started using Friction Zone last year and its awesome! Waterproof and worked well at La Ruta.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.