Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you not following the Badger thread in the Manufacturer News section, Rob Pennell of Badger Cycles has created a new mountain cruiser that is sure to turn some heads. More info can be found at www.altbike.com

Coming to a trailhead near you:

Attachments

·
R I D E S T E E L
646 Posts
That's pretty wild...very cool. However, I feel it needs a fork to match, something along the same lines. The fork that's on there looks kind of stuck on, not really part of the design as a whole. May have to check the thread out to see how it rides.

·
no fat chicks
774 Posts
one1spede said:
That's pretty wild...very cool. However, I feel it needs a fork to match, something along the same lines. The fork that's on there looks kind of stuck on, not really part of the design as a whole. May have to check the thread out to see how it rides.
gee was it the shiny paint that gave it away
not every bike has to look like a jeff jones
straight forks own
curvy forks suck

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,772 Posts
[email protected] info can be found at [URL="http://www.altbike.com" said:
www.altbike.com[/URL]
Reading the review at the URL above, this statement stuck out at me: "The first thing I noticed when I hopped on the bike was that the top tube(s) were far enough apart that my thighs would occasionally rub against them while seated. An annoyance that I was able to correct for. After the first few minutes it only happened while leaning the bike hard into corners".

While I agree it looks cool, it would need someone with wider hips than mine to comfortably pedal with that set of widely spaced of top tubes -- I'd either bloody the inside of my knees or ruin my joints by flailing away bowlegged. I've always wondered about the Jones bikes because of that too. The wider triangulation on the down tube should stay out of the way...

·
Registered
21 Posts
36er pics from Pennell

For those of you not following the Badger thread in the Manufacturer News section, Rob Pennell of Badger Cycles has created a new mountain cruiser that is sure to turn some heads. More info can be found at www.altbike.com

Coming to a trailhead near you:
That's some interesting looking tubing manipulation. I know Rob has also built a 36er frame based on the Coker Monster Cruiser wheel size. What is the possibility of getting some pics of that frame on this forum? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.