Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BigWheelsKeepOnTurning...
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rob at Badger is currently working on a 29er frame for my wife. Here are a few pics of the work in progress. My wife is 5'6". Check out the curved top tube to allow for a bit more standover. Sweet!

Attachments

·
2,856 Posts
Very nice. Looks like it will be a beauty...eventually :)

I saw a brand new Moots over the weekend hanging on a wall at a bike shop, it had a bent top tube like that - apparently one of only two Moots like that. It also had a Rohloff and some other nifty features.

I hope the wife enjoys the final product and be sure to post the pics.

Ed E

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ouachita said:
Frame color will be Candy Apple Red. It took her a while to decide on the color, go figure.;) Rob is also getting the hubs anodized for her.
I just got her hubs back today from being anodized and will be building the wheels first thing next week. When I resized the pictures the red looks washed out, it is much brighter and deeper red.

Attachments

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Ligero said:
I just got her hubs back today from being anodized and will be building the wheels first thing next week. When I resized the pictures the red looks washed out, it is much brighter and deeper red.
Where do you have the ano done? How much does it run for hubs?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Very nice!

Ouachita said:
Frame color will be Candy Apple Red. It took her a while to decide on the color, go figure.;) Rob is also getting the hubs anodized for her.
Are you going to go with straight up Candy Apple Red, or is there going to be anything like panels, stripes, etc.?

I love Rob's work, it is absolutely beautiful. I get all weak in the knees over fillet brazing, but Rob's work is amongst the best. Lucky gal, your wife!

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guitar Ted said:
Are you going to go with straight up Candy Apple Red, or is there going to be anything like panels, stripes, etc.?

I love Rob's work, it is absolutely beautiful. I get all weak in the knees over fillet brazing, but Rob's work is amongst the best. Lucky gal, your wife!
As of right now, the Badger graphic on the down tube will be black. Rob may have the painter throw in a little surprise or two to spice it up. Basically it will be the Candy Apple Red frame with black or red components. The Badger head-badge will be a Satin silver finish, it is one of coolest touches on the frame. He has a picture of a similar polished head-badge on a frame in the photo gallery of his web site. We talked about breaking up the red some, but not sure how. She does not like panels. She wants a more subtle break-up.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ligero said:
:thumbsup: Wow!! Thanks for the pics of the hubs! They are too cool, the wheelset will be awesome!!

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
Ouachita said:
Rob at Badger is currently working on a 29er frame for my wife. Here are a few pics of the work in progress. My wife is 5'6". Check out the curved top tube to allow for a bit more standover. Sweet!
Man, OSHA better not see those pics, those Oxygen and Acetelyne tanks are supposed to be seperated when not in use. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.