Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Anthony...

Got sideways reading something or another from a thread on MTBR and bumped into some on Anthony's pictures. Clicked on his name and started looking at ALL the threads he started. While it's a bit heart wrenching and tear jerking, it was a good refresher.... It seems like a good memory of Anthony always turns up at the most opportune time.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Thanks for reviving this thread,allows people like me who are new, to enjoy the stories and pictures!Heck of a way for someones legacy to live on!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anthony has been in my thoughts lately. I was thinking about him yesterday while out on Bear Creek Trail. He could easily clear that steep rocky section that causes most to dismount. Good rider. Great man. Sorely missed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Hey there old friend, just wanted to say that I thought of you today, that I wanted to get out for a ride but the rain/snow here in Golden definitely curtailed any ride.

Hope the trails are endless where you are, that the photo ops are always perfectly framed and that you are still sponsored by a beer company.

·
old but slow
12 Posts
Another year goes by but the memories do not dim.
Get out for a ride today if you can.
Use some big,fancy, mysterious words.
Peace to all.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,161 Posts
I hope that single track in the sky is keeping a smile on your face Anthony!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Yeti Cycles shut down for the afternoon and we all went for a ride in remembrance. Those that knew him, those who had heard of him and those who were newly acquainted with his memory.

Up Apex. Down Chimney. And we all ended up at GCB.

Tuesday was a good day for a ride.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeti Cycles shut down for the afternoon and we all went for a ride in remembrance. Those that knew him, those who had heard of him and those who were newly acquainted with his memory.

Up Apex. Down Chimney. And we all ended up at GCB.

Tuesday was a good day for a ride.
Awesome

·
EDR
10,038 Posts
Seriously? 4 years?

I only rode with Anthony once...just over 4 years ago I guess, it seems like just yesterday. I remember the ride, the chit chat about the new Seven he graciously provided, and how I was busting my butt trying to keep up with him. His easy going personality and genuineness did indeed leave a permanent and fond impression.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7
1,665 Posts
Seriously? 4 years?

I only rode with Anthony once...just over 4 years ago I guess, it seems like just yesterday. I remember the ride, the chit chat about the new Seven he graciously provided, and how I was busting my butt trying to keep up with him. His easy going personality and genuineness did indeed leave a permanent and fond impression.
I know, right? That was a great ride, the one and only time I got to ride a Seven, and I still remember his dog Grendel waiting patiently at the truck guarding the beer and the bikes in the camper.

Peace Anthony, and hope you are doing well Jamie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
EDR
10,038 Posts
I know, right? That was a great ride, the one and only time I got to ride a Seven, and I still remember his dog Grendel waiting patiently at the truck guarding the beer and the bikes in the camper.

Peace Anthony, and hope you are doing well Jamie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Eric, good to hear from you. I don't know why that day and that ride sticks in my head like it does. Maybe it's because of Anthony's passing. Anyway take care dude, later.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
What a great guy! I am so glad his website is still up. Maybe we can do a ride in Crested Butte or Searle Pass or something next year...one of the rides from his website.

221 - 240 of 248 Posts