Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's horrible to hear! I never knew him, but his pictures look amazing and really capture nature and our sport.
I'm sure he's in a better place; may peace find his family and friends.

·
livin' the dream......
1,918 Posts
Very sad. I always looked forward to new photos and stories.

RIP dude.

·
jeny jo
296 Posts
A Note From Anthony's Sister, Jasmine

Jasmine asked that I post her message for all:

I'm devastated at losing Anthony, and like many of you, I still feel a sense of disbelief. There's a hole in my heart that will never heal, and I'll miss him for the rest of my life. But I take a great deal of comfort from reading the postings in this thread and seeing how widely Anthony was known, loved, appreciated, and celebrated. Through your postings, I feel I've come to see more sides of him, and that's a ray of light in a very dark time. Although I knew he was special from the time he was born, it has been amazing to see how he touched the lives of people he'd never even met.

I thank all of you for your love of Anthony, and for the sympathies you've extended to the family. And to think that even those who never met Anthony have offered their sympathy to the family, well, that makes me feel a connection with a grace and a greater good that I can't even begin to comprehend.

I send all of you my best wishes for long life, sweet singletrack, and rocks that are at least soft enough on contact.

--Jasmine

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Jasmine is an amazing woman; it was so wonderful spending time with his family/friends and reminiscing over him last week; but this week, back to a reality without him. It is so very difficult. I use to meet that boy and dog out in some beautiful places...now it just feels so empty.

·
Registered
373 Posts
thank you, anthony

heartfelt condolences to family, friends,

and those in the cycling community who have been touched by his passion.

gary park

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't get over to MBR for a few weeks and when I do I find this. I'm floored. When I got into MTBs, it was just something to do in addition to my road riding. I enjoyed being out in the woods and just plodding along. Then I saw Anthony's White Rim report. That report opened my eyes to what MTB riding could be. It inspired me to upgrade my skills and equipment and more fully enjoy the dirt. I have linked to that report so many times to show others how beautiful it is. I worked so hard to talk my family into a trip to Moab after seeing that report. It turned out to be one of the greatest trips ever for me and my family who are not riders.I showed that report to my 18 year old daughter trying to convince her to go. She wanted nothing to do with the desert. The pictures of Musselman Arch scared her to death. Now it's her favorite place on earth. All I can do is say thank you Anthony. You will be missed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear the loss. I just visited his website and saw the shear beauty in his photos and writings. Wish I had know him while i lived in CO. RIP man. Leave some tire marks in the clouds for us, man.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Hey all, just a quick note. Mountain Flyer magazine, #13, has a six page spread of Anthony's images and words from CRD. Definitely worth checking out!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Waaaay back when.........

The number 13 was used to represent 'god', when writing Yahweh was forbidden....
The One and the Holy Trinity = 13

This a concept in Hinduism, as well -- to approach the mystery, the sacred, the divine -- obliquely.
There is a word in Sanskrit that means, "that which has not been soiled by the tongue of man".

The fact that the pagans -- and the MesoAmerican's -- have 13 month calendars may have a lot to do with the current state of regard of said same.

Blessings,

Marc

·
Not Period Correct
36 Posts
I had never heard of Anthony Sloan until I stumbled upon his story yesterday. I had never seen any of his posts, blogs, or pictures. I started reading this thread and then I checked his site and looked at his blog and his photography. It is obvious to me that this man touched so many people that he never met in such a way that it enriched peoples lives if only through pictures and written word.

I guess what I will take from this story is that I need to remember to stay grounded and always remember that I am lucky enough to have my health and that even though my life can seem tough at times, there are others who have it much worse than I do.

I am thankful today for what I have.

Thank you Anthony Sloan.

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
His birthday, we will put him to rest. It will be the hardest things I will ever have to endure in my life.

Luckily, I will be surrounded by some of the best folks. And we will be in the desert, where he loved it there...

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
I am sorry for the loss of Anthony.

The family will be in my prayers.

·
Banned
486 Posts
It's hard to believe it's been a year since our friend has been gone. RIP Anthony, hope you're riding some good trails somewhere up there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
eyescream said:
It's hard to believe it's been a year since our friend has been gone. RIP Anthony, hope you're riding some good trails somewhere up there.
Its weird, I hadn't realized we were coming upon this date. For the past week or two I've had a string of occurences where I think I see him...in traffic, at the grocery store, etc. Funny how the mind works.

Cheers buddy...

201 - 220 of 248 Posts