Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Easton EC70 Zero seatpost I had on the Asta didn't last to long. It didn't slip into the frame as the Sette APX Carbon one did (maybe due to the carbon paste I used), but the Easton Carbon didn't appear to have the compressive strength to withstand the seat post clamp torque of 60 in-lbs that Easton recommends in its instructions. I was rechecking the torque as Easton recommends. It appears I'm going to have to stick with aluminum posts on this bike.

Metal Material property Cylinder Steel

Wood Grey Metal Composite material Material property

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
facelessfools said:
is that enough to ruin the structural integrity of the carbon?
Those indentations go into the surface about .004" (0.1mm) my guess would be they have jeopardized the integrity of the post. Using it at tightening points above the marks might be OK but then my seat height would not be correct. I'm going to save it for my 8 year old who has UGI. When I layed out seatposts for him to pick from for his Alpine 440k he chose the APX carbon because he liked the way it looked.

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
thats the only thing I hated about the Asta... the
seat post clam was junk... no matter how tight you had it the seatpost would slide... its as if the seatpost clamp tolerances were just slgithly too big to squeeze the post in properly. Salsa clamps are awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts