Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Charlotte Monday thru Wednesday next week for a conference and would like to get a ride in while there. I'll be staying near the convention center and thought the backyard trails would be the easiest to get to after 5. If not, can someone recommend a trail system that i would not have to drive 30 minutes to reach. Dirt jumps, skate park will also work if there are any nearby.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Let me know if you need a guide, I love BYT. It can be a little confusing the first time. As Superfly said below, Poo tracks are fun. Here's a little video I did a couple months ago.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know if you need a guide, I love BYT. It can be a little confusing the first time. As Superfly said below, Poo tracks are fun. Here's a little video I did a couple months ago.

Those trails look cool. I'm always up for riding with people. Based on the video I guessing a 29 hardtail is a better than an SB6?

Any idea how bad traffic would be coming from downtown after work? Would it be better to wait until 6 to ride? I'm not familiar with Charlotte traffic patterns (coming from Asheville).

·
Registered
315 Posts
Those trails look cool. I'm always up for riding with people. Based on the video I guessing a 29 hardtail is a better than an SB6?

Any idea how bad traffic would be coming from downtown after work? Would it be better to wait until 6 to ride? I'm not familiar with Charlotte traffic patterns (coming from Asheville).
Either bike would be fine, there are also a couple jump lines and dirt jumps. SB6 might be overkill but I ride a bike almost that big out there all the time.

Traffic will not be great right after 5, but unless there is a wreck it shouldnt be horrible, I live by the stadium in Uptown and I can usually get there in 15-20 min. But I work from home so I can usually head there a little before peak traffic hits I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.