Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen quite a few bikes now with the fork installed the wrong way around, so far this is the only suspension fork I have seen done like this though. Post pictures/links to whatever bike butchery you have seen, anything is welcome.

00p0p_7UJHmoPw2Zy_600x450.jpg 00G0G_eZBWhCnRc55_600x450.jpg

I wonder what negative rake handles like...

Giant AC Down hill mountain bike

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
That's the first time I've seen it in a magazine. Wow.

I did see this guy cruising around the parking lot at a local trail recently with his fork backwards. I felt kinda like a **** for mentioning it, but he said he had it that way on purpose. Go figure.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
I used to work in a shop that sold bikes that came with this sticker:

I think that is because they are willing to send their products direct to customers who are that clueless, but also because they sell bikes to some retailers that don't hire mechanics who have any idea what they are doing.

so I started collecting these stickers and carry one in my wallet at all times. the Target near me has this fat bike- I noticed the backwards fork over 6 months ago and put a sticker on it. I saw it again a few months later and mentioned to a manager that there was a bike in the bike department with a backwards fork and "someone even put a sticker on it to make the point." the next time I saw the bike a month or two later, the fork was pointed the correct direction because someone had turned it around, along with the bars. no one bothered to fix it, they just turned the bars backwards. in response, I put another sticker on the other side of the fork. it was still sitting there the last time I checked a week or two ago. I have made a hobby out of checking on this bike. my wife is not nearly as amused by this as I am.

I avoid going into walmart and have little reason to enter toy and sporting goods stores, but this happens a lot. there's no stopping it, but I get a chuckle out of distributing stickers this way.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The forks are correct in this pic. That is a Manitou fork. Their arches are all on the back of the fork vs the front.

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,104 Posts
View attachment 1050851

Oh wait, that's a Manitou, it's what they do! :p
Damn, those front tires look like they're just a few inches off the tarmac. Guess they don't plan on going in or out of a driveway. And Allah forbid they should back out!

*skraaaaaape...bennnnnnnnd*

·
Registered
420 Posts
Clueless: "Yo Wal-Mart bike building dude, I want my front brake on the right MX style, How you gonna do that?"

Wal-Mart dude: "Simple, just flip the fork. Easy Peasy"

Clueless: "SWEEEET!!!"

1 - 20 of 231 Posts