Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im trying to learn to do abubaca's and i'm having a really hard time getting the back pedaling roll-out down. i go about 3 feet and start leaning visciously to one side or the other, more predominantly the right. i've been practicing just riding backwards in my driveway by doing a stoppie and then rolling back down the slight incline and it just doesn't seem like my work is getting me anywhere. Just looking for any advice.
thanks
ian

G

·
jibber54520 said:
ok, im trying to learn to do abubaca's and i'm having a really hard time getting the back pedaling roll-out down. i go about 3 feet and start leaning visciously to one side or the other, more predominantly the right. i've been practicing just riding backwards in my driveway by doing a stoppie and then rolling back down the slight incline and it just doesn't seem like my work is getting me anywhere. Just looking for any advice.
thanks
ian
Lean the other way, or try turning to keep your balance..
just keep practicing

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you got a skate park near you try using a 1/4 pipe to start. Roll up and let the ramp bring you back down. Speed is your friend when riding fakie. Just practice a whole bunch until you feel comfortable and then try 180s

·
I like cars too
62 Posts
might help to raise your seat so you can sit when going fakie. that will get your timing down better. then stand up and flip it around. fakie is one of those things that you will just 'get' ya know. one day on a little bank I was like hop-fakie-little bit'o'brake-flip-ride out. just keep practicing and it'll happen.

·
Deadhead
366 Posts
Definitely sit on the seat while you are learning. Looking at your stem also seems to help out. It sounds strange but it tends to keep your weight centered over the bike and keeps you from leaning too far to either side. After a while you'll be able to anticipate the lean and countersteer to keep going. Practice, practice, practice. Just like everything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts