Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got my $170 tora 302 fork from blueskycycling.com put on backorder, anyone had to wait on them before? How long did it take them? If it's gonna be a while, I'll just pricematch somewhere else. thanks.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
In my experience it took a long time. That does not mean you will have the same result, but i waited for over 3 weeks. If time is a factor for you, you should probably cancel your order.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They held my whole order for a backordered tube of grease that I added as an afterthought one time. I called and told them to send everything else (which they had charged me for) and cancel the grease. It took a couple weeks and it was stuff I needed.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I placed an order once when their website said it was in stock. I found out later it was back-ordered and it arrived about three and a half weeks later. I didn't really mind because the price was good and I ordered it in the winter when I wasn't riding. If it was warmer, I would've canceled it and got it somewhere else.

·
Registered
228 Posts
hey i just noticed this thread and may have some good news. I saw this fork on blue sky and took a chance with jenson's pricematch. I proceeded to price match the 302 with poploc and they approved it!!!!!!. So i got the 302 with poploc for $169.98 shipped - a killer deal if you ask me. it will go great on my new monocog.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
crazylax42 said:
haha I just did the same thing a few hours ago. tora 302 w/ FSA headset w/ overnight shipping to the east coast(tired of waiting) all for $215!
wow, that is a deal and a half.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
When it comes to keeping their instock up to date BlueSky sucks nuts. I quit ordering from them because you never know if it will take a week or a month to get your order. I use Jenson or Pricepoint and have them price match AE Bikes or Blue Sky.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
TrailVictim said:
When it comes to keeping their instock up to date BlueSky sucks nuts. I quit ordering from them because you never know if it will take a week or a month to get your order. I use Jenson or Pricepoint and have them price match AE Bikes or Blue Sky.
I have not even heard of AE bikes before. They seem to have a pretty good selection and a few deals if you look.

Is there a reason why you don't order from them, or is it simply because you prefer pricepoint/Jenson?

·
Registered
316 Posts
rkj__ said:
I have not even heard of AE bikes before. They seem to have a pretty good selection and a few deals if you look.

Is there a reason why you don't order from them, or is it simply because you prefer pricepoint/Jenson?
I'm just used to dealing with Jenson and Pricepoint. I've ordered from AE before without any issues. Good prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.