Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, where'd everyone ride?

delnorte, crash88, and I hit up some Cochiti action. The storms hovered around all day and didn't open up until we topped out at Griffin's. It's greeeeeeen up there! Awesome time of year to be in the backcountry:thumbsup: We ran into a total of 3 bear (sorry, no pics:madman: ) and one, the papa, was a biggun! He was up the trail from mama and the two cubs. According to my compadres I almost got eaten trying to sneak in for a close-up:eekster: The other two were cubs and they quickly scurried up a tree to avoid us on the Medio Dia DH. We stopped and mama bear was nowhere to be seen, but the cubs were cornered in the tree. Needless to say we didn't hang around very long. I had a weird feeling that the mama was perched somewhere watching our every move.

Anyway, it was a great day to be on the bike and I think this pic kinda sums it up. There is something about the simpleness of it...

Heaven???

Did I mention that it was greeeeeen?

Whats this?

·
Living the Dream
1,793 Posts
Goergeous. Thanks!

Always nice to see NM highcountry.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas.

FM, Cochiti is the Jemez as far as I'm concerned. There are literally hundreds of miles of ST out there.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
FM, Cochiti is the Jemez as far as I'm concerned. There are literally hundreds of miles of ST out there.
Aw sweet. Well, I think we will have to hook up for some more riding! ;)

Not to thread-jack, just to share, here's a little Wa. stoke from last week....

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Does that ridge have year round snow? Stunning! Maybe we could just swap out for a week or so?

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Man that's some beautiful countryside. I'd almost ride into a tree just looking at it all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Does that ridge have year round snow? Stunning! Maybe we could just swap out for a week or so?
I think so, but not sure.... first time I've done that particular ride (cutthroat pass).... we actually got turned back by deep snow before reaching the ridgeline. I'm definitely going back in august for another shot.

No need to swap. Just come on up!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that the East Side that you were talking about in Sedona?;) Bruce was up there for about three weeks. Did he ever make contact? I think he managed to squeeze in a little ride, but nothing fancy.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
O'er the mountain

Mtn. Biker123 said:
Is that the East Side that you were talking about in Sedona?;) Bruce was up there for about three weeks. Did he ever make contact? I think he managed to squeeze in a little ride, but nothing fancy.
Cascades are about 3-4 hours from where I was. If I'd made it over there, I would have had to be dragged back to Spoklahoma. My liver always takes a hit when I go there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts