Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not just famous; infamous
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my post from FRMB , for those who are interested...

I'm thinking about meeting at Larry's shop (Mtn High Cyclery). I've always wanted to check out his shop, and this seems like the perfect time...just hope he's open. Also, if anybody forgets anything (like a new Ventana), we can stock up there :D

Now, for the important stuff...who wants to carpool to Loveland and where do you wanna meet up? I vote for my place, cuz I'm lazy...and because it's right off of Arapahoe & I-25. So, in the interest of letting me sleep in, how's 'bout all us southerners meet up at my place at 9:30am. We can load up and take off, eh. If you don't know where I live, email me and I'll give you directions. If you're interested in going, please post so we know to look for you.

Directions to Larry's...

Mountain High Cyclery
5645 W. Hwy 34
Loveland, CO 80537

Merge onto I-25 N/US-87 N.
Merge onto US-34 W via EXIT 257B toward LOVELAND. 8.9 miles
End at 5645 W Us Highway 34, Loveland, CO 80537

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
The shop can be a bit hard to see from Rte 34. It's in a strip mall with Sandy's Convenience Store & Gas Station at the end. That will be your landmark.
Have fun. I'll see you next time you come up north.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
I talked with another Loveland local, and he's putting together a Horsetooth ride tomorrow. I've never been there, but I've heard good things about it. Its only about 20 minutes from DB and has a lots more trails from what I hear.

Food for thought.

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well.....

Jdub said:
I talked with another Loveland local, and he's putting together a Horsetooth ride tomorrow. Its only about 20 minutes from DB and has a lots more trails from what I hear.
We're gonna meet at MHC at 11am...if the weather cooperates. I'm seeing forecasts ranging anywhere from 40 degrees with T-storms to 56 degress and possible showers. I dont' mind the second one, but the first one is kinda rough, especially out in the open. So, if we show up, I don't really care where we go, I just wanna ride.

Could somebody up north post here tomorrow morning and let us southerners know what the weather's doing? It's about an hour drive for us and it'd realy suck to drive up there and have to turn around without riding. :rolleyes:

SoloRacer, thanks for the headsup, I emailed Larry this morning and he said he wouldn't be in at 11, but would be there when we got back.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
coolhandluchs said:
We're gonna meet at MHC at 11am...if the weather cooperates. I'm seeing forecasts ranging anywhere from 40 degrees with T-storms to 56 degress and possible showers. I dont' mind the second one, but the first one is kinda rough, especially out in the open. So, if we show up, I don't really care where we go, I just wanna ride.

Could somebody up north post here tomorrow morning and let us southerners know what the weather's doing? It's about an hour drive for us and it'd realy suck to drive up there and have to turn around without riding. :rolleyes:

SoloRacer, thanks for the headsup, I emailed Larry this morning and he said he wouldn't be in at 11, but would be there when we got back.
I can post a weather update tomorrow morning when I get up and around. Probably be up by 7:30 or so.

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Joel

Jdub said:
I can post a weather update tomorrow morning when I get up and around. Probably be up by 7:30 or so.
I'll be up around that time...one of the perks of having a 3 month old :p

If the weather is really bad, I'm probably just going to hit Evergreen. I'm riding something other than the couch tomorrow, dammit! :mad:

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Soloracer said:
I stopped by their this am after riding DB, his sign said that he would be back at 1pm on Sunday.
I'm hoping to be there about 11, but have a lot to do at home first so don't know if that will happen. I put 1 on the door to be on the safe side in case things come up.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Larry

Ventanarama said:
I'm hoping to be there about 11, but have a lot to do at home first so don't know if that will happen. I put 1 on the door to be on the safe side in case things come up.
Larry Mettler
Looks like the ride's on, so we should be at Mtn High around 11am, hope to see ya there.

Forecast says 50 degrees with 50% chance of rain, not too shabby for spring :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm planning on riding. I was gonna bring the big camera, but I think I'll stick with the wife's P&S. Just don't tell her ;)

·
Who said Punisher?
320 Posts
Weather looks good--Cloudy, no rain, and 44 right now @8:30am.

Enjoy your ride...I may try to come find you guys but not sure what I am up to yet today. Joel, you gonna go? Maybe we can carpool or are you headed to Horsetooth? I have ridden there several times--great place to go and I know many of the trails. John

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Great ride...

Well, we manage to escape most of the rain, and the temperature was pretty nice. I can't imagine riding D-Bone in the summer...way to exposed and hot. But it was a really fun ride. Pix to follow....

The riders, in no particular order, are myself (not pictured :D ) Joel, Jill, John, Simon, Mike and Darren. Not gonna point fingers, you know who you are ;)

Attachments

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, Devil's Backbone wasn't quite enough so...

We tried out Hall. First time I've been there. Had to hurry along, the rain was coming in fast. The rabbit didn't seem worried.

All in all, a great ride. Good to meet John and good to ride with Joel & Jill. We'll have to have you guys down to ride the southern stuff.

Thanks to Larry for letting us clutter up our shop, good to finally meet the guy I've traded emails and phone calls with.

Attachments

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Good stuff Dan, thanks for the pics. Strange how flat and easy that rocky ledge looks in that pic of Simon, but the fork is way compressed.

Nice riding with everyone today, wish we could have stuck around longer but had to do some house stuff.

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jdub said:
Strange how flat and easy that rocky ledge looks in that pic of Simon, but the fork is way compressed.
They say the camera adds 10 pounds, apparently it also subtracts 10 inches...and that's as far as I'm going with that :p

I think we all had a great time. I got to ride two trails that I've never been on before. It's really nice to get out of the southern end for some riding. It's really nice to meet non-biking trail users that are actually friendly! Loveland's got some nice peeps.

After D-Bone, we'll have to have a Bergen Peak ride sometime soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.