Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some old photos I dug up from the early 80's. A couple original Stumpjumpers(pretty sure they are 83 models) and an old Ross. The Stumpy is still rideable, in original condition. Kind of a collector's item now and a monument to our non-wasted youth.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
ronbo613 said:
Here's some old photos I dug up from the early 80's. A couple original Stumpjumpers(pretty sure they are 83 models) and an old Ross. The Stumpy is still rideable, in original condition. Kind of a collector's item now and a monument to our non-wasted youth.
killer photos! i wish i has some like that. dig the checkered slip-on Vans shoes too! :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
ronbo613 said:
Man, those are some great photos! I've never seen a stumpjumper look so fast. You guys were hot-rodding those babies!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How hardcore would you be today to tear it up with a lugage rack
The rack was needed for a cooler and six pack. Back in those days, there was a lot of open space around here, we needed supplies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think there were only a couple bike helmets available when I took those photos. I owned a leather "hairnet", used mostly by roadies and I know my buddy had a "Skid Lid" and the original Bell bike hardshell helmet(the grayish black one with the red "Bell" sticker), but I don't know if we had them when these photos were taken or not.
Of course I wear a helmet every time I ride, but these photos were taken a long time ago, things were different. And we didn't fall and hit our heads so it's all good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.