Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
born to chill
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed back up to Salmon Falls again last night. Didn't get much further in that before, but did explore the trail to the left of the split where I did that steep ass climb to the right last time. Man it was so much nicer out there after 5pm than it was last time cooking in the heat. Alas time was not on my side, but I can't wait to get back out there again to go further out. And boy is the parking sketchy, always some shifty eyed people hanging around and busted glass... :nono:

There was a nice long stretch where I could get a little recording, so I propped up my digital pocket camera on a stump, recorded me rolling towards and away, with a little cut it came out neat. Too much effort though, but it is nice to have off bike footage/pictures too.

·
born to chill
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took a look at your site and postings about your rides. The trail to the right that has the climb is IMHO better on the way out and the other one on the way back. That's just my opinion though.
Wait I read that wrong, yes, I totally agree, better on the way in to the left, on the way back out down the climb that would have been on the right. I think... right? lol

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
No, on the way out the trail head to the right. The climb on that section isn't that bad. Then you get the really fast/steep downhill section that's almost as wide as a fire road. However on the way back go to the right. I feel like the climb on that single track section isn't as bad as going back up the super steep rooty/rocky section that you descended on your way in. That other trail is more single track and makes for a pretty fun little decent. That's just my opinion. I'm also not one that is crazy about climbing so I try to take the more "fun" ways. LOL

·
born to chill
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any chunk on the trail Tony?
There's some rocky sections to it, but nothing that crazy. There is this like wall of death thing at the beginning, I can't seem to ride up it yet, but it is easy to come down. :thumbsup:

No, on the way out the trail head to the right. The climb on that section isn't that bad. Then you get the really fast/steep downhill section that's almost as wide as a fire road. However on the way back go to the right. I feel like the climb on that single track section isn't as bad as going back up the super steep rooty/rocky section that you descended on your way in. That other trail is more single track and makes for a pretty fun little decent. That's just my opinion. I'm also not one that is crazy about climbing so I try to take the more "fun" ways. LOL
Oh lol I think it is confusing because what was the right on the way in is now the left LOL

I seemed to like this route best: crude illustration

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.