Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
This is my first post and I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Tommy and I live in NYC, although I grew up in Poland for the first 13 years of my life (Bieszczady).

Growing up in the mountains of Poland, I got to ride my mountain bike almost every day. I had a nice specialized Hard Rock, with an added RockShox form in the front. I was also part of a "downhill" club, where we had timed DT races on a gravely terrain.

Ever since I moved to NYC back in 1998 I gave mountain biking a break, although I did buy myself a GT LTS 4000 in 1999. I focused on road biking, skateboard, snowboarding, hiking etc. Two years ago after two ankle surgeries I picked up mtbking again, and it felt great. I realized, however, that the bike I own is too big on me (I'm 5'9" and the bike has a huge frame) and that I want something different/better.

So my question to you all is - what is a good full-suspension bike out there for up to $2K?
I want to be able to bum some hills (plan on hitting up a few downhill tracks this season) but I also want it to be a good hill climber and all-terrain rider, since my GF enjoys riding flat/hilly terrain with me. My style of riding can be described as intermediate - I enjoy going fast, doing all kinds of jumps and tricks but also like to ride flats/hills and enjoy the scenery.

Do you have any ideas for me? I'm willing to buy a used bike too....

BTW, this is a pic of my current bike on my car...

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
take a look at giant anthem's they are great allround bikes, go to a LBS and do some test rides, that is the best way to decide what to ride

·
Infidel
414 Posts
If I was looking for a new bike with your budget I'd most definitely go for the Specialized Pitch Pro. No I don't own one, but I have tooled around on a friend of mine's. It feels very close to my 6" bike I paid thousands more for. MSRP is $2400 but Specialized dealers are abundant so if you shop hard you should be able to find one close to your budget. Check it out at the link below.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=52804&scid=1000&scname=Mountain

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate your feedback so far guys. I'm making a list and will go demo some bikes this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.