Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
brooklyn bike rider
506 Posts
my tips:
do some back stretches before and after riding.
try doing some back exercises in the gym;
since i started working out my back my posture is much better
and i don't get back pain from riding anymore.

definitely check with your doctor too.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had a similar problem until I switched to a Fisher with a longer top tube.

You should do some hamstring stretches and abdominal work. That will help a lot. Most people don't know how much the abdominal muscles help support the lower back. And the hamstrings are much larger than the lower back muscles, which means in a pulling contest, the hamstrings will cause fatigue in the lower back muscles. Stretching the hamstrings helps alleviate this problem. Sit-ups, crunches, etc. and stretch and you should be fine. You can even stop occasionally during a ride to stretch the hamstrings.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Homer Simpson said:
I had a similar problem until I switched to a Fisher with a longer top tube.

You should do some hamstring stretches and abdominal work. That will help a lot. Most people don't know how much the abdominal muscles help support the lower back. And the hamstrings are much larger than the lower back muscles, which means in a pulling contest, the hamstrings will cause fatigue in the lower back muscles. Stretching the hamstrings helps alleviate this problem. Sit-ups, crunches, etc. and stretch and you should be fine. You can even stop occasionally during a ride to stretch the hamstrings.
all good advice.....I had back pain big time and, and as I have recommended before...get the "yoga for back care' book and try some of the stretch and stegnthening poses......don't need to go all yogi, just try it...start slow...and see if it makes a difference..

I literally fixed my back pain in matters of weeks with this book and 15 mintues per night....no shyt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.