Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's been 7 1/2 weeks since my arthroscopic knee surgery, and while i've been putting some decent road bike miles and climbing in the past couple of weeks, until today i hadn't been back on dirt. just to see how i'd do i went to the headlands and rode about 21 miles with my normal climbs (up from the bridge, bobcat, old springs, coastal) plus i went over to hawk camp as well. i guess it was about as i expected--i am not back in shape yet, but it was good to be out there and i think it will only take me a couple more rides to get to my normal 'tortoise' condition. great weather in the headlands today, not warm but sunny. i got on the bike just before 9am and finished up just before noon. the wildflowers were in full bloom today so it was particularly pretty out there. i've included some wildlife and flower shots, sorry no action shots. looking forward to getting back to my favorite spots soon now that i'm almost back to 100 percent!!

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Very nice photos!!!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got lucky with the egret...he had stationed himself (herself?) not too far from the coastal trail. the bird was there on my way down and again when i went back up. i started taking pix of the bird and kept creeping closer. eventually he had enough of me and took off, and i got lucky with the shot just at liftoff....

·
too late to die young now
342 Posts
cohenfive said:
i got lucky with the egret...he had stationed himself (herself?) not too far from the coastal trail. the bird was there on my way down and again when i went back up. i started taking pix of the bird and kept creeping closer. eventually he had enough of me and took off, and i got lucky with the shot just at liftoff....
beauty!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts