Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
busted a disk in my neck while surfing, and took two years off from riding and sold my old specialized hard tail. finally back to surfing, and borrowed a buddies GT LTS f/s to see if I can ride again. yes. southern cali fireroads and single track for the most part, and I would like to get into some cross country competition. what's the best full suspension bike I can get for under 1500.00 (just bought a 700.00 surfboard and my wife says 1500.00 is my cap for the bike). Would love a hard tail, but it's too hard on my neck.

So, what do you think? How bout the jamis dakar xc comp for around 1400.00? My first bike was a jamis, and I loved it.

Thanks for whatever feedback you may have.

d-

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
dgrad28 said:
busted a disk in my neck while surfing, and took two years off from riding and sold my old specialized hard tail. finally back to surfing, and borrowed a buddies GT LTS f/s to see if I can ride again. yes. southern cali fireroads and single track for the most part, and I would like to get into some cross country competition. what's the best full suspension bike I can get for under 1500.00 (just bought a 700.00 surfboard and my wife says 1500.00 is my cap for the bike). Would love a hard tail, but it's too hard on my neck.

So, what do you think? How bout the jamis dakar xc comp for around 1400.00? My first bike was a jamis, and I loved it.

Thanks for whatever feedback you may have.

d-
I had a 2003 Jamis, and had very bad luck with their customer service/warranty. I think/hope my case(s) were an isolated incident but I was very glad to get rid of my frame and its issues. But overall, Jamis has good value.

Another good company to deal with in terms of value, but with outstanding customer service, is Giant. The NRS line isn't typical fs comfort so it might be too harsh for you (don't know your exact condition), but if it isn't, then you could be lucky. I think the NRS 2 is in your price range (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts