Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 18 months in NC, (eastern NC, beyond flat and minimal mtn biking), I am back in the front range and back on some real trails. 2 yrs older, and these trails are two years more knarly and steep. I can understand how the trails could be rougher and rockier, but how can they have gotten steeper.
Good to see that things on MTBR have not changed, see a lot of the same names, great rides and great pictures, and see that the great debate over the right tire for the front range is still going strong.
See you on the trail!

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Welcome back. I see you ride a Giant NRS. I've heard NRS stands for "Not Really Suspension". Could you verify this? Thank you. :D

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back. I see you ride a Giant NRS. I've heard NRS stands for "Not Really Suspension". Could you verify this? Thank you. :D
No, can not verify, :thumbsup:

I think I actually bottomed out once coming down Mt. Falcon last night, perhaps a need a bit more air in that rear shock.

I have been in holding pattern with this NRS for a couple years, hoping to get a new ride, really like the Trek HIFI 29er, just waiting to see if I can find a good, last year model deal.

Pic from Mt Falcon Summit last night, ended up chasing daylight to the bottom.

Attachments

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
end of the trail

I turn right at the shelter, and follow the trail upward and it ends there where the bike is, looking east toward Denver.

I was under the impression that this spot was the "true" summit of Mt. Falcon.

Looking down past the bike, you can see the trail below.

Attachments

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome back. I see that you live in Evergreen. Evergreen mtn is my back yard. We should meet up to ride sometime. Possibly the next T.I.T.S ride at A3S is in order.

Ink
Evrgrn Mtn/Aldefer/3sis is "home court" I ride there at least 2-3 times after work each week.

threw in the link to Dedisee on Tuesday, first time on that in over 2 years, still a lot of fun, rocky hard work on that trail.

PM me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hifi29er

No, can not verify, :thumbsup:

I think I actually bottomed out once coming down Mt. Falcon last night, perhaps a need a bit more air in that rear shock.

I have been in holding pattern with this NRS for a couple years, hoping to get a new ride, really like the Trek HIFI 29er, just waiting to see if I can find a good, last year model deal.

Pic from Mt Falcon Summit last night, ended up chasing daylight to the bottom.
I've got a 2010 hifi pro for sale. Pm me if interested...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.