Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I went blingin' gold I came to my senses and went back to something a bit more "evil" looking - more my style.

'07 Medium Intense M3
CCDB, steel spring, Ti later
888 RC3 WC Ti spring
Saint cranks/MRP Sys 3/Time Z pedals
Hadley 108pt rear hub/721 rim
Stealth front hub/Dual Duty rim (eventually will have Dual Duty's on both wheels)
Sunline DH headset, 888 stem, grips and wide/lo bar
Formula K18's (borrowing a front Saint brake until I get pads)
Bald and chunking Highrollers (3C front, 60 rear) - anyone want to donate a 3C HR or Minion?
Thomson post and Selle Italia saddle that is now on its.....10th bike maybe?
X9 shifter/derailleur, XT shadow as soon as that gives up the ghost
SRAM something chain

She rips....and will moreso when/if I ever get that CCDB dialed in.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
welcome to the Intense Cycle club !!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's on your side of town now, I think it is YOU who should be worried. Besides, if you saw the rig I had before the DHR I was on the "dark side" to begin with.

And plenty stoked to be on the Intense side of things anyway.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i'm sure it rips, but it kinda looks like someone just walked up with a coat of black tremclad spraybottles and went to town...

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The guy I got it from had the swingarm replaced because someone ran into it and put a dent in it, and Intense didn't have a matching color black in stock.

Eventually I will strip it and get it re-powdercoated. Thinking either the matte/satin black, or the Electron blue that is on some of the new Intenses (not the works finish).

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking about trying a bar with a bit less backsweep, but I really have no need to go wider.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks sharp. I've considered going back to an RC2X fork on it. What does that weigh in at btw?

Man that is a LOW seat height...

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
DHidiot said:
I was thinking about trying a bar with a bit less backsweep, but I really have no need to go wider.
I made the switch from the Sunline 29.5s to the Gravity 31.5s and it's a nice difference, FWIW.

·
= dirt torpedo =
1,210 Posts
dude, those 31.5" Gravitys are what Bryan is running on his DHR (that white DHR with the white FOX40)
i tried them, and damn they were fuking wiiide..
I'll stick with my Dirty-30s, seems to be the perfect balance of rise/sweep/width, and they'd match up nicely with your shiny black lowers.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm a pretty skinny mo-fo, so the Sunline's are kinda my limit for width.

I do remember checking out the FSA's on Matt's bike down in SD Fred, and thinking how they were just totally excessive, for my size at least. Less backsweep is the biggest thing I'm after, and if it's also black, cool.

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
DHidiot said:
Looks sharp. I've considered going back to an RC2X fork on it.
why?

also, i was actually thinking about more back sweep on my bike.

btw, teh ICE MAN is my roomate.:thumbsup:

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Separate high speed compression damper.

I wanted less backsweep to put my elbows out further.

Well you guys should get down south to hit up some trails! I'll be in SB Friday probably, SLO Saturday.

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Nice M3. My M1 used to be all black as well, but it's at the powdercoater as I type this. Looking forward to building it back up. I'm hoping to get a hold of a M6 in the near future.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts