Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was gone on a trip to Pakistan and then Saudi Arabia and now I'm back...It was awesome. No one hated on me for being american in those countries. I was treated more a bro and friend than anything else...I visited where I lived from age 1.5 yrs to 9. I went back for the first time since 1996 and it was strange to be back at my old home after being away so long. Everything was in miniature since I had last seen it all when I was much younger...I can speak more on the trip if you like, but I'll cover the bikes since I kept a keen eye out for them the whole time...gosh I'm a true bike nut...

Pakistan: usable bikes that people have a primary means of transportation much like china...bad quality but then cheap parts and labor...if you want to get 'high-end' bikes (ones you pay dearly for by pakistani standards), you go to the bike shops in certain areas...I went there too...Imagine the worst quality bikes you've ever seen here in teh US, and then you've got an idea of the best they've got there...every bike I saw that was in the top price bracket was over 35 lbs at least and then add forks and you're hitting 40+. THe derailleur systems reminded me of the ancient shimano altus rear d's I took off my Giant Rincon...very bad...over all I was very dissappointed with the quality of bikes there....

Saudi Arabia: A similar story considering quality but at least there were some Huffies every once in a while...same situation considering the most expensive bikes....however the thing that pissed me off a little was that people took such great advantage of the lack of expense of fuel that you'd be better off driving a hundred yards then biking...very very few bikes in that country

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Interesting insights. Thanks

Sounds like a bike over there is like a pickup truck in Mississippi. Just something to get around in/on and not a reason to spend alot of money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts