Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was sloppy - glad I stopped at the bike shop on the way out to pick up a slicker and winter gloves.

Rode from my house in WC through Moraga, up Pinehurst over to Redwood and Joaquin and back.

30 miles, plus - ain't too bad.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Nice!

imridingmybike said:
It was sloppy - glad I stopped at the bike shop on the way out to pick up a slicker and winter gloves.

Rode from my house in WC through Moraga, up Pinehurst over to Redwood and Joaquin and back.

30 miles, plus - ain't too bad.:thumbsup:
Yeah, this got me thinking about my winter rig more... bike and gear. I think I'm gonna refine my setup more, but it's not bad the way I have it all now.

Not gonna let the rain stop me. Downside is I'm pretty much limited to Marin Headlands so I don't shread the trails too much.

Dang, 30 muddy miles? Pretty sweet.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,694 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it out this morning Chuck. Coulda seen that hardtail for the first time too.

·
baggin ho's
737 Posts
does that bike have a chris king devolution headset? nice move riding today. sometimes those winter slogfests are the most memorable!

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
g-funk said:
does that bike have a chris king devolution headset? nice move riding today. sometimes those winter slogfests are the most memorable!

No. It's 1 and 1/8" the whole way through.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hollister said:
did you finally swap the bars

i gotta spare digi cam i'm gonna send you...

It's called a camera phone, you bearded ludite.

And yes - with the bars I think it's under 23#'s!

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7HVN said:
Nice ride Chuck, kickin' it old school.

you still need the the WTB saddle?
I'll take it if you're not going to use it!

I got a demo of the WTB Devo from HnF - but my FXR could use another saddle.

What do you want to trade for that thing?

Up for a long ride next weekend? I think I need to do this more often. It's a butt-kicker!

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,162 Posts
That's a good way to spend a day like today! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
All on dirt?

"Rode from my house in WC through Moraga, up Pinehurst over to Redwood and Joaquin and back".

must be some route..

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jrm said:
"Rode from my house in WC through Moraga, up Pinehurst over to Redwood and Joaquin and back".

must be some route..
Nope - backroads and stuff. St Mary's Rd, Moraga Rd to Pinehurst up Skyline to the dirt. Nice little out n back.

Incedently it must be newt humping season. It took me a while to figure out what the yellow stuff all over the road was...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts