1) Kona Stab 2005 - 900 includes shipping

2) Cannadale Chase 2 2005 - 500 includes shipping

3) almost NEW Sinister all deity parts 2005 - 800 includes shipping

It's TRICKED OUTTT :madman:

4) Kona Stuff - 500 includes shipping

6) Trek Bruiser - 350 includes shipping

7) 2006 Avent Jibster - 430 and guy is local

8) Kona SCAB - 500 includes shipping

SOOOO....what should i get? my budget right now is around 800 or so...with more money on the way...opinions?? Plus i also work at a bikeshop and i can get some new freeride/dh bikes for cheap (ex. 1200 bike for 842....or 1700 bike for 1200)...soooo com'on folks i need some HELP thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coma13 said:
what kind of riding are you gonna be doing? also, i don't think that's an '05 stab, i think it's older.
according to the guy, it's an '05...i did some research and found one thats an '05 and was only sold to the european market and probably to the canandian market...

i'm looking to get into dh/fr/dj...but all the bikes except the stab are not full suspension frames....soo i would need to look around more i guess in order to get a dual....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rover Nick said:
It seems like you need to get your priorites in order becuase a DH bike is probably not going to DJ well, and a DJ bike isn't going to DH as well
hahaha i know i know....thing is, there isn't many places to DH around here in my area...theres few jumps around so...i'm pro aiming for a freeride hardtail....the sinister would be sick though...

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Don't Fear The Reaper said:
Heres my list of DH/FR/DJ bikes i might get:

1) Kona Stab 2005 - 900 includes shipping

2) Cannadale Chase 2 2005 - 500 includes shipping

3) almost NEW Sinister all deity parts 2005 - 800 includes shipping

It's TRICKED OUTTT :madman:

4) Kona Stuff - 500 includes shipping

6) Trek Bruiser - 350 includes shipping

7) 2006 Avent Jibster - 430 and guy is local

8) Kona SCAB - 500 includes shipping

SOOOO....what should i get? my budget right now is around 800 or so...with more money on the way...opinions?? Plus i also work at a bikeshop and i can get some new freeride/dh bikes for cheap (ex. 1200 bike for 842....or 1700 bike for 1200)...soooo com'on folks i need some HELP thanks :thumbsup:
That Stab was on eBay. Didn't meet the reserve at like 600. I wouldn't pay anymore than 800 for it. It doesn't look like an o5. And those components are way old school too.

All those hardtails are well priced. The Chase, Sinister, Scab, and Stuff all ride pretty well. The Stuff is most at home on the dirt though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Switchs1 said:
I go with the Sinister
but what if, just hypothetically, if you were a college student working part time at a bike shop and had say 900, what would you get? i mean, lets just say that you suck at hard tails, would you still get it then? also, what if you were into road and was going to save to get a road bike...which would come first for you? (i road and been doing it for years but getting into the dh/fr/dj scene down here in GA is HARD cause nobody cares about it...its full of football macho guys guzzalin beer)...the Chase doesn't seem bad...

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you hypothetically suck at riding a hardtail I'm not sure why most of the list is hardtails. If you're going to be jumping it mostly with some light downhill I'd shoot for a 4x bike or something with about 4 inches of travel.

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Yeah, the Stab's an '02, not an '05; I wouldn't pay any more than $750 or so for it if it's cherry. You should decide exactly what you want the bike to do, then pick the bike that's best suited for that. Urban? Maybe the Chase. DH? The Stab. DJ/everything? Sinister. Cheap/Broke? Avent. Riding to the corner to buy beer? The Trek+a rack...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.