Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old singletrack anthology book that shows an all downhill trail from Mt.Bachelor to Bend. Anyone ridden it? Does it really exist?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,746 Posts
"all downhill" is debatable.

Generically, yes. But, you better not get any ideas of bringing your 50 pound DH rig along.

Several ways that either usually, or so I think, would end up on Mrazek via Happy Valley or Sector 16/Whoops into the Phil's complex back into town.

Think more XC shuttle.
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
14,651 Posts
Borneo said:
"all downhill" is debatable.

Generically, yes. But, you better not get any ideas of bringing your 50 pound DH rig along.

Several ways that either usually, or so I think, would end up on Mrazek via Happy Valley or Sector 16/Whoops into the Phil's complex back into town.

Think more XC shuttle.
Right on. I rode this route a couple times way back when Thomasberg was promoting the Big Fat Tour (first we rode around Mt. Bachelor). I think the whole thing was around 70 miles. Good stuff, but no, it ain't all downhill.

--Sparty
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
Borneo said:
"all downhill" is debatable.

Generically, yes. But, you better not get any ideas of bringing your 50 pound DH rig along.

Several ways that either usually, or so I think, would end up on Mrazek via Happy Valley or Sector 16/Whoops into the Phil's complex back into town.

Think more XC shuttle.
Yup, and lots of new route options since the book was published.

Most are not difficult rides but all do include some climbing and you will be pedaling on most of the downs
 

·
Toby Wong?
Joined
·
1,307 Posts
Borneo said:
"all downhill" is debatable.

Generically, yes. But, you better not get any ideas of bringing your 50 pound DH rig along.

Several ways that either usually, or so I think, would end up on Mrazek via Happy Valley or Sector 16/Whoops into the Phil's complex back into town.

Think more XC shuttle.
or after August 15th you could do Dutchman > Flagline > South Fork > Skyliner > Whoops > Ben's to town
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,661 Posts
mudlover71 said:
I have an old singletrack anthology book that shows an all downhill trail from Mt.Bachelor to Bend. Anyone ridden it? Does it really exist?
There are many ways down, but usually when people around here refer to the "Bachelor-To-Bend" route, they're talking about Bachelor-Metolius/Windigo-Mrazek, which is somewhere around 30 miles long. It's a great ride but like others have said, the "downhill" around here is big-ring pedalling downhill, and the ride starts with a climb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,661 Posts
Tappoix said:
or after August 15th you could do Dutchman > Flagline > South Fork > Skyliner > Whoops > Ben's to town
I wonder if Flagline is even going to come out from under snow this year. I bet we'll have like a one week window between old snow and new snow!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top