Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided on the DT Swiss 5.1's with Hope Pro II hubs. Now I need to pick a color. I was thinking of going black rim(only color available I believe), silver nipples, black spokes, silver hub. My ML is all grey, black, & silver. What do you think?
 

Attachments

·
Trophy Husband
Joined
·
3,011 Posts
craigstr said:
So I decided on the DT Swiss 5.1's with Hope Pro II hubs. Now I need to pick a color. I was thinking of going black rim(only color available I believe), silver nipples, black spokes, silver hub. My ML is all grey, black, & silver. What do you think?
I ordered the same exact set of hubs, spokes, nipples and rims today...color combo and all.

Obviously I think that is a fine choice...
 

·
Ti is addictive
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
geolover said:
I ordered the same exact set of hubs, spokes, nipples and rims today...color combo and all.

Obviously I think that is a fine choice...
Does this mean we'll see a complete Chumba by the end of the month?????:p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Black or gunmetal hubs, black spokes with silver nipples and black rims............. Black is bling......................... says the dork with red wheels..........but the other set is black hubs, black spokes, silver nips, black rims....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
I like un painted stainless spokes best. cheaper too. and they are shiny. it you buy a box of DT spokes it comes with 12mm nipples.....

all the OE wheel sets use black spokes these days, so I associate the black spokes with OE wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,207 Posts
demo_slug said:
I like un painted stainless spokes best. cheaper too. and they are shiny. it you buy a box of DT spokes it comes with 12mm nipples.....

all the OE wheel sets use black spokes these days, so I associate the black spokes with OE wheels.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I made up my mind

I think I am going gunmetal hub, stainless spokes, black nipples, black rims, with some sweet new black FSA skewers I just bought. I can picture it in my mind
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,298 Posts
Sci Teach said:
Looks to be an excellent wheelset.....red hubs, red nips, black spokes, red skewers.

Looking forward to my set, especially when mounted to the black ano frame!
On my hardtail, I got red hope hub, black spokes, gold nipples and black rims (Stan Arch). Looks sweet.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top