Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great weekend! Got my first FS bike, and built it up myself with a friend. Some parts are borrowed while I am working on figuring out just how I want it to ride. Took it out twice so far. I went to the local mountain and climbed up, rode the ridge a bit (loose rocky climbs and descents) and then rode through meandering single-track trails through the forest. Great Bike! :) 29lbs as is...of course, already have UGI and want to buy Chris King hubs and a nice steering damper... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Congratulations on you bouncing baby yeti!

Is that a suspension seat post on your FS?
Those carbon inserts on the rear chainstays/seatstays are interesting. I assume they haelp the frame flex alot, but can be replaced it it flexes too much?

Have fun on the trails! I bet it rides like BUTTAH.

·
the bomb
531 Posts
could be

Impy said:
Congratulations on you bouncing baby yeti!

Is that a suspension seat post on your FS?
Those carbon inserts on the rear chainstays/seatstays are interesting. I assume they haelp the frame flex alot, but can be replaced it it flexes too much?

Have fun on the trails! I bet it rides like BUTTAH.
a height right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep yep - gravity dropper seatpost. I like having the seat out of the way for descending and also for meandering through some forest trails that I am unfamiliar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.