Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
GreenGo!

got to hold a dos niner last week at the LBS. felt nice! show more pics! out of curiosity, how tall are you and what size didja get?
oh- cute kiddo too! face says
"wait- that's NOT for me? but I like green! hmm. let's contemplate a tantrum here, or perhaps some sort of biohazard/nuclear/ecological disaster in the diaper..."

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
Green with envy

Even though I've got the Blues... :cool:

At least you and the wife can ride the same size!!
Just make sure your little one doesn't think its a big tube of creamed peas, lol. :p

How are you planning on building her up (for the wife, of course)?

OGG

·
Registered
687 Posts
Boy Nat

Now I know why WebCyclery sponsored us this year, they saw a couple of 29er junkies ;)
I was in there yesterday putting some ENO cranks on the Vulture...$$$
Are you gonna race her new bike this Sunday to break it in ?
You are a lucky dawg to have such a good woman and mother for your girls...
She's lucky to have you, Awww :p
Jefe'

BendOregonSingleSpeeders

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PinsNeedles said:
Now I know why WebCyclery sponsored us this year, they saw a couple of 29er junkies ;)
I was in there yesterday putting some ENO cranks on the Vulture...$$$
Are you gonna race her new bike this Sunday to break it in ?
You are a lucky dawg to have such a good woman and mother for your girls...
She's lucky to have you, Awww :p
Jefe'

BendOregonSingleSpeeders
She told me to go buy it! I get to race it on Sunday, but I'd like it if she could take it for a ride on Saturday first (since it's technically hers).

I built it up already with the parts off my Rig, but I ordered:
-DT 240 hubs/DelTaco rims/14-15 spokes
-Mary bars
-Reba fork

The rest of the stuff will transfer from her 26" bike, and it's to be geared.

Oh yeah, SlowSSer: I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam and usually ride a medium or 18" frame. This Dos is the 18" frame, but already just sitting on it, it feels HUGE. I'll have to actually ride it a bit to be sure, but so far it feels like others' 20" bikes.

Attachments

·
rider
808 Posts
Nat said:
Oh yeah, SlowSSer: I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam and usually ride a medium or 18" frame. This Dos is the 18" frame, but already just sitting on it, it feels HUGE. I'll have to actually ride it a bit to be sure, but so far it feels like others' 20" bikes.
No doubt! At 6'0 I usually ride 19-20" or "large" but this frame runs big. Maybe not in the top tube, that some like, but in all other spec. I bought the 18" and I'll stretch it on in hte stem and/or setback post. Standover was probably the biggest factor. The thought of bustin my jewels was enough to size down.

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
TeamSwami.com said:
No doubt! At 6'0 I usually ride 19-20" or "large" but this frame runs big. Maybe not in the top tube, that some like, but in all other spec. I bought the 18" and I'll stretch it on in hte stem and/or setback post. Standover was probably the biggest factor. The thought of bustin my jewels was enough to size down.
similar issue- 6' here with a 33" inseam. my large titus 26er actually fits me perfectly as a large, even though standover is a little on the minimal side. oh well.

good to know it runs "big". will have to take a tape measure to the rest of the quiver to see exactly which dos niner might be good for a down-the-road project. the sad part is that it'd replace my 26er dean duke xt (18.5" frame) that feels on the small side after riding the sofa king and the titus. then again, who needs gears, right?

·
Registered
687 Posts
hey Nat

The DN looks sweet and I love the build plans, but I'm suprised you didn't get ENO hubs for the SS in you... I just think when D is riding more , she's gonna wanna SS more ;)

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Nat said:
Yeah, my buddy is 6'5"(same as me) and I rode his 22" Dos. That was a big ass bike. I'd be more than happy on the 20". My suggestion, fi you're intersted in the Dos, take a long look at the measurments, and maybe size down one from what you normally ride.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TeamSwami.com said:
Nat - Forgot to ask...

How are those Bonti's (ACX's?) fitting on the frame? I picked up three new in package on EBay for $70 yesterday and I'm looking forward to rolling on them.
Those are actually the XR's you're looking at, which I believe are bigger than the ACX's. There's about 4mm or so between the tread and the shock area. Not much, but it's usually not muddy here. Also, when it is muddy, wife don't ride.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PinsNeedles said:
The DN looks sweet and I love the build plans, but I'm suprised you didn't get ENO hubs for the SS in you... I just think when D is riding more , she's gonna wanna SS more ;)
She specifically requested this bike be geared. The derailleur tensioner method is nice though in that I can make the bike a two-speed until she adapts to full-on one-speed, otherwise she might be reluctant to take it on a long ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.