Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something else. I don't know if I should post this, I mean with all the negativity towards the more agressive style of riding and jumping . . . but hey, a sunset ride is always good news, right?

yea, I know it's not the pit, but it's close so I take what I can get

Cheers . . .

Attachments

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
DJBiker said:
something else. I don't know if I should post this, I mean with all the negativity towards the more agressive style of riding and jumping . . . but hey, a sunset ride is always good news, right?

yea, I know it's not the pit, but it's close so I take what I can get

Cheers . . .
Nice Doug, sunset is always a good time to shoot pics.

We posted a few on FRW from yesterday, as well as some videos. Check 'em out, they're decent...

ER

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I saw the FRW picts . . .

some real nice stuff, (the picts) looks like you guys got some nice lines going out there.

I need to get some water 'cause my little jump is mostly sand, dang desert, so hard to find any real dirt . . . but it's a start and I gotta work my way up (skillbuilding wise, with building and riding) also need a better camera.

·
I am Doctor Remulak
1,425 Posts
DJBiker said:
Sunset and sunrise are the best times for pictures, much better lighting than during the middle of the day.

I think the (percieved) negativity on the board is toward doing the aggressive riding and jumping in high traffic, very visible locations. In other words, not thinking before having some fun.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
DJBiker said:
some real nice stuff, (the picts) looks like you guys got some nice lines going out there.

I need to get some water 'cause my little jump is mostly sand, dang desert, so hard to find any real dirt . . . but it's a start and I gotta work my way up (skillbuilding wise, with building and riding) also need a better camera.
For those that DON'T know where/what FRW is, click here the PICS...

And here for the VIDEOS...

All local East Mesa stuff, but you can tell by the pics, right??

Enjoy...

DHF

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
I have no problem with him posting the pics, I actually enjoy the sunset shots. It was just he calls that aggressive and to me thats XC. I'm sorry if I offended him or any of you guys. :(

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
cdub said:
I have no problem with him posting the pics, I actually enjoy the sunset shots. It was just he calls that aggressive and to me thats XC. I'm sorry if I offended him or any of you guys. :(
Dude, let him be, he's come a long way in the past year that I have known him...I'm just glad he's out trying...

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,340 Posts
DJ Biker keep on doing what your doing. I remember seeing a post about building some goods in the north valley from you a while back pm me and I can pitch in with some building. I am in that general area.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
New River Dam

azdog said:
DJ Biker keep on doing what your doing. I remember seeing a post about building some goods in the north valley from you a while back pm me and I can pitch in with some building. I am in that general area.
Just a thought:

I live near the New River Dam in Peoria, and it would seem behind the dam would be the perfect place to build up some stuff in the North Valley. Although the area has lots of ATV/motorbike traffic, it's quite remote and not used because of flood control.

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it all flat or . . .

are there any "natural features" to "work with" plus if it's all sandy silt from a giant wash area, it's tough to make any of that "soil" stick together.

need more rocks (big) and slope like stuff to make a flowy run or two (at least that is what I would like to see) I don't like bmx "style" jumps, (mostly because I don't have a HT and jumping a 50 lb bike takes a special "skill" which I haven't developed yet. . .

it seems like motorcycles, ATVs, BMX and DH/Freeride bikes all require a different "type" of jump and each one isn't really suited to the other . . .

this place looks like this . . .

Attachments

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Dam Pics!

DJBiker said:
are there any "natural features" to "work with" plus if it's all sandy silt from a giant wash area, it's tough to make any of that "soil" stick together.

need more rocks (big) and slope like stuff to make a flowy run or two (at least that is what I would like to see) I don't like bmx "style" jumps, (mostly because I don't have a HT and jumping a 50 lb bike takes a special "skill" which I haven't developed yet. . .

it seems like motorcycles, ATVs, BMX and DH/Freeride bikes all require a different "type" of jump and each one isn't really suited to the other . . .

this place looks like this . . .
Well, here's some pics that I took back when it was raining a ton (pics weren't taken for showing off the trails located here but instead the view). Very little water behind the dam under normal circumstances.

As you can see the this area has quite a few small mountains/hills all around, but mostly flat around flood plain on both sides of the dam. Landscape has a mixture of types: sand in the flats, sloppy loose rock on downhill trails, and baby head rocks in places.

Just offering this up as an option, because some people think there isn't any trails or desert in the Northwest Valley. I can ride these trails all the way to Lake Pleasant, although it would be flat and boring.

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
pssst, dude . . .

put this in front of each line of the links in your sig. line "the open bracket symbol" (next to the letter "p" on your keyboard)" and the letters "u" "r" and "l" and then the close bracked symbol. like this: [red] only subtitute the letters url for the word red

and then put this after each one [red]"the open bracket symbol" (next to the letter "p" on your keyboard)" a "slash" mark where the ? is, but lowercase, and the letters "u" "r" and "l" and then the close bracked symbol. like this: [/red] only subtitute the letters url for the word red

just leave out the quotes. and oh, by the way, it's URL, not URI just lowercase. This will make the links in your sig line "click-able" links

like this: " www.cactusbike.com"

" www.freeridewest.com"

·
Registered
329 Posts
DJBiker said:
put this in front of each line of the links in your sig. line "the open bracket symbol" (next to the letter "p" on your keyboard)" and the letters "u" "r" and "l" and then the close bracked symbol. like this: [red] only subtitute the letters url for the word red

and then put this after each one [red]"the open bracket symbol" (next to the letter "p" on your keyboard)" a "slash" mark where the ? is, but lowercase, and the letters "u" "r" and "l" and then the close bracked symbol. like this: [/red] only subtitute the letters url for the word red

just leave out the quotes. and oh, by the way, it's URL, not URI just lowercase. This will make the links in your sig line "click-able" links

like this: " www.cactusbike.com"

" www.freeridewest.com"
wow. you think after 5 years of computer class from 3 grade till 8 grade, i might have cought on to some things. guess not. no i really am good with a computer i just thought that people could copy and paste em.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
Umbrous said:
Well, here's some pics that I took back when it was raining a ton (pics weren't taken for showing off the trails located here but instead the view). Very little water behind the dam under normal circumstances.

As you can see the this area has quite a few small mountains/hills all around, but mostly flat around flood plain on both sides of the dam. Landscape has a mixture of types: sand in the flats, sloppy loose rock on downhill trails, and baby head rocks in places.

Just offering this up as an option, because some people think there isn't any trails or desert in the Northwest Valley. I can ride these trails all the way to Lake Pleasant, although it would be flat and boring.

I see a lot of potential DJ roll ins on those trails..Just depends on how rocky it is and all. That big hill thing in the 1st pic looks really good too. So, exactly where is this place? I'm on 67th and Deer Valley so it could be somewhat close :cool: I get my license next week so :cool: x.2 since my dad said he has a bike rack that'll work on my ride. Or I'll just borrow his truck :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.