Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm selling a 27.5 x fat wheelset built for the Surly Pugsley.

Surly Ultra New Disc front hub and a DT Swiss 350 rear hub. Both 135mm QR. Laced to a set of Bontrager Jackalope B Fat rims using DT Swiss Competition butted spokes and DT Prolock nips. All black.

Front is laced on-center. Rear is offset for Pugs.

Rear hub can be converted to 12 x 142 with a simple endcap swap. Happy to provide these endcaps gratis.

Shod with Maxxis Minion FBF/FBR's, already set tubeless.

Package pricing for these wheels/tires is $799. That includes tape, valves, tires, labor, and shipping.

Need 'em?

[email protected]

·
16,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bad news: Just got confirmation from Bontrager that these rims have been discontinued. Thus I just grabbed the last 7 in existence. No word on if there's a new version coming, or if they're simply gone.

·
turtles make me hot
11,664 Posts
Mike, Lithic has a 27.5 version of the Alex Blizzerk in 70mm width. I'm going to grab a pair for a looksee. I won't be using them on a Pugs, but they do come double drilled.

·
16,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, Lithic has a 27.5 version of the Alex Blizzerk in 70mm width. I'm going to grab a pair for a looksee. I won't be using them on a Pugs, but they do come double drilled.
I'll be curious to hear how that goes. I added 16 holes to a MuleFut a few years ago in an attempt to make it work on the rear of a Pugs. No dice -- that rim just wasn't designed for that, and I ended up unlacing it before it made it out of the stand.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I had emailed Lithic/Otso and specifically inquired about there rims being suitable for offset builds and mentioned the problem with the mulefut as I did the exact same thing as you, Mikesee.
They took a day or two to get with their engineers, and responded positively with the rims being good for offset. I've been using the 26" version for just under a year now and they have been great. And the initial build up was far more promising than the same initial build on the mulefut

·
16,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somehow missed this when you posted it. Good to know. I have a small pile of the Lithic B Fat rims here but have only laced a handful thus far. They seem really solid -- but almost anything does when laced to a 150 or 197 hub.

I no longer own a Pugs so won't likely lace one up just to experiment, but when someone asks if it (Lithic + offset) works I'll at least entertain the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.