Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was an earlier thread where people were posting what tires they'd tried on the Azure that worked size-wise. I searched but could not find it. (I can only see 2 pages of IH threads for some reason???)

Anyway, I ordered a pair of Kenda Small Block Eight 2.1" tires for my Azure. I installed the front after weighing it and comparing the weight to the stock WTB: With the Kenda front I dropped a whole quarter pound! 1.44 lb. for the WTB vs. 1.19 lb. for the Kenda, both 2.1 size. That is a really cheap way to lose a quarter pound!

Anyway, I haven't yet tried the 2.1 on the rear because I'm waiting for delivery of an XT cassette that I'm going to swap out for the SRAM and I'll just do it all at once. It looks like it will fit though. I'm thinking that the 2.1 Kenda will still be lighter than the 1.95 WTB stock tire too, but we'll see how much.

I've got some 2.1 Panaracer Fire XCs on my hardtail that I'd eventually also like to get on the Azure for a bit more aggressive tread.

So what other tires have ya'll had success with on your Azures?

Mine is '06 Expert 19", by the way -

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like the IRC Mibro 2.25 front and rear. I think they're a bit lighter than the SM8 2.1's, or about the same, and close to the same width, since Kendas seem to be wider than other manufacturer's tires of the same advertised widths. The rear tire just fits.

Please let us know how the SM8's ride.

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
I have been running the WTB Raijin for about a month. Plenty on clearance on the Azure. It's a wet/loose conditions tire and has been great at hooking up and not packing up. The ones I have on are measuring 51mm at the tread, 49mm at the casing, and 47mm height w/ a DT/Swiss XR1450 wheelset.

-ska todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.