Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted the spot page some time ago but never posted pics or a report. We started at the Utah border and rode south to the North Rim in two days. It was beautiful, painful and had lots of rain and hail.

Attachments

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Days 3-4 were spent hiking down the North Kaibab Trail for a night at Phantom Ranch. The next morn we hiked out Bright Angel and were reunited with our bikes.

Attachments

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We camped near Grandview and then rode two days to Flagstaff.

Attachments

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few last ones.

Attachments

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DurtGurl said:
And how did your bikes get from the north rim to the south rim? Cool trip!
We employed a Flag local with time on her hands to drive our car. She also dropped us at Utah to start the ride. Worked quite well.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
beagledadi said:
Curious to know what type of mechanicals you had, if any?

Matt :eek:ut:
No so much as a flat the whole trip.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Great stuff Yuri. Read your blog last month, and really impressed. I love that you guys decided to do the Canyon. My legs hurt just looking at the pics.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skinny-tire said:
Great stuff Yuri. Read your blog last month, and really impressed. I love that you guys decided to do the Canyon. My legs hurt just looking at the pics.
Funny b/c I think the hike was my favorite part. We did some good technical hikes before we left and with the hiking poles I didn't find the hike to be that hard. In fact now we're eyeing backpacking some of the Wilderness sections of the AZT and I can't wait for another trip to the canyon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts