Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dave
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Max did an awesome job leading this pack of 18 riders around Mt Lemmom in Tucson. We did a total of 17mi and walked up hills for about 2mi. That beginning of Bugs was a hell of a climb. Great job by all. Here are a few pictures I took. :thumbsup:

Pincushion Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great time!
Max you da man! Excellent job on putting this together.
Was great meeting all of you.
Sorry for the multiple flats - guess it was just my day. :madman:
Tim thanks for the good work clearing that chain suck I had - :thumbsup:
Guess lightandfast can now be nick named nakedandneedled. :p

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Awesome day in the saddle!

Max, thanks again for hosting this ride. The trails/weather/folks were all PRIMO:thumbsup: Still working on wiping the permagrin off of my face. Good to meet all and hope to see you again on the trails.
Perry

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
GOOD times MAD MAX, thanks for stashing the goodies at malino bro :thumbsup: . Next time get a chain guide when you try to pass, you can't sneek up on me :D . Later.

·
Registered
12,839 Posts
Is that Dirtbag and TiSS'er I see on the slick rock photo? How'd you like it?

Looks like a great ride. I'm looking forward to some more photos. Anyone else packing?

·
mr. wonderful
879 Posts
KRob said:
Is that Dirtbag and TiSS'er I see on the slick rock photo? How'd you like it?

Looks like a great ride. I'm looking forward to some more photos. Anyone else packing?
yes, that's tiSS'er and me. betcha didn't pick up on my new XC ride :thumbsup:

bugs down is a great ride. bugs is quite a bit tamer than before, but still fun.i barely recognized any of it as the trail is almost completely new. i suppose one could still opt to do the old hoodoo lines, which i highly recommend for a little steep adrenaline rush.

·
Registered
12,839 Posts
dirtbag said:
yes, that's tiSS'er and me. betcha didn't pick up on my new XC ride :thumbsup:
Ooooo I spy a Highline!!!! You're right, I missed that at first glance.The quintessential racer-boy, light-weight, climbs like a ___________ (fill in the blank) XC machine. Very cool. How're you liking it?

I thought you guys hadn't ridden that trail before. Maybe it was Brandon that told me that.

·
Chilling out
6,030 Posts
Texas residents (but not Texans!) come to Mila

I know that DurtGurl has some more pixels, and some collected from other riders that she's sure to post at least some stuff of eventually.

I grabbed a few too, some of them are even worthy to share.

Don't EVEN ask me to name names, so few could I do it, soo many new (good) people this w/e.

Thanks so much to Chad for orginzation and hoteling, Max for ride leading - a job very very well done, and the rest for most excellent company!

This was my second helping of Mila (first was back on Dec with Chad and Sundog) and not doing it at the tail end of a multi-week bike vacations made me a better rider. So many cool and fun obstacles cleared by yours truly (yes, particularly the 'staircase' - that was way fun and some of the 'chutes later on).

There'd be more pixels but hey, was sooo much fun on the bike!

GPS tracklog

·
Maui Grown
722 Posts
Doesn't anyone have pictures of us hittin the staircase? I thought for sure there would be some good pics, since we sessioned that area for a good 15-20 minutes.

·
Victim of Saddle Rage
620 Posts
i'm moving to tucson

Sweet Pics! That's it, I moving to Tucson!

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Poi Boy said:
Doesn't anyone have pictures of us hittin the staircase? I thought for sure there would be some good pics, since we sessioned that area for a good 15-20 minutes.
I've been lazy this week and do plan to put together an album but here are some Mili shots from my camera for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts