Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
well how tall are you? they are about 15" frames with a 21" top tube. the steelheads are mainly made for urban/dirt jumping, and i guees some free riding...but if i were you id look into getting somehting else, unless you plan on taking up djing because at about $150, you cant beat it.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Do a search. Its at the top of the page. This topic is killed at least once a week. Get lots of good info that way...

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
on regards to the first reply, i am 6'4" 148lbs, i didnt know that their frames were that small. thanks

and for the second reply, i am sorry, i didnt know that you could search like that, i am still kind of new to the site and the whole posting thing, thanks.
-sorry for the ignorance.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
carolinarider said:
on regards to the first reply, i am 6'4" 148lbs, i didnt know that their frames were that small. thanks

and for the second reply, i am sorry, i didnt know that you could search like that, i am still kind of new to the site and the whole posting thing, thanks.
No need to apologize. Everybody does it til they find the search feature. Now i ride an Azonic Steelhead XL which has a longer top tube. I'm 6 ft and ride it w/ a Dh(50mm) stem. Plenty of room for me and i got crazy long arms(see member name & click on image to see my bike). If u run a longer stem u should be fine.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
dannymonky said:
Do a search. Its at the top of the page. This topic is killed at least once a week. Get lots of good info that way...
Sleek Firefox theme. :D Mine is Pimpzilla. :D

·
Registered
819 Posts
steel heads are cool, but heavy especially for xc. i would recomend somthin alluminum. the santa cruz Chameleon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
looong seatpost

carolinarider said:

I'm 6'2" and need to just a bit past max extension w/ a 400mm seatpost to get enough leg extension for xc on my xl. I think my inseam is 35"...
But it's a great frame for do-it-all riding. I love hittin the bmx track on the way to the trails and only bringin one bike. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.