Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that I should just buy a new wheelset because right now, I'm borrowing ones from a different bike. Does anybody run Azonic Outlaws on a Heckler or on any other type of bike? Any feedback on how they feel and run would be great. Also, if you think that there is another wheelset that is cheaper or around the price of the Azonics put it down and I'll take a look.

I'm thinking about getting the Black, Front 20MM/QR, and Black Rear 12MM/QR/ 135mm

-Joe

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, anways I'm on WTB Speediscs and I think they're 24mm. I might as well upgrade them now because I don't think they'll hold up to much in the future. I think I'll go ahead with the Outlaws

·
Let's RIDE!
73 Posts
I've been running the Outlaws for two years with a lot of success. They can handle everything from your local ride to the lift-assisted trails in Mammoth. Some people have complained of the rear hub bearings turning into poop, but no problems here. Keep your spokes tight, as with any wheel, and it should be all good. I just wish they were the right spacing for my VP Free(150). I might be parting out my Heckler, are you interested in the Outlaws?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
go to the ridemonkey.com dh forum and you'll find a thread that posts actual weights for 4? wheelsets. turns out the Outlaws are pretty light for a burly wheelset.

i'm sticking to hadleys/mavic rims for my bikes, but for someone on a budget the outlaws seem to be getting decent feedback.

·
Samiam
9 Posts
pretty burley wheels

I run a set on my VP-Free. They can be had in either 135mm or 150mm rear end spacing. You will need to check and tension the spokes after several rides and keep an eye on them periodically after that. I have been running them for about half a year without any problems. For the price, I don't think you could do much better...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have them on my Heckler. I ride alot of mud and neglected to service them regularly since .... well I never worked on a hub before. The bearings got gunked up so I took them apart and cleaned them up and relubed. So simple to work on, I feel like an idiot for waiting so long. Something you can easily do in a few minutes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I placed the order for them on sunday, and they shipped out today (1.22) and should be here on wednesday (1.24). I also ordered them along with some hope rotors. The shipping time is extremely fast if you ask me...2 days. Anyone use the QR instead of the TA? Is it hard to convert.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.