Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know some people have asked this in the past and I really don’t know if anyone ever knew the real weight of the Outlaw wheelset. I just had a pair show up here at work and I put them on our FedEx scale. I listed a few other wheel sets to compare. Not to bad....

Results:
Azonic Outlaws
Front: 1118 Grams
Rear: 1328 Grams

Mavic DEEMAX
Front: 1120 Grams
Rear: 1330 Grams

DT Swiss FR 2350
Front: 1070 Grams
Rear: 1180 Grams

Sun/Ringle Single Track
Front: 1100 Grams
Rear: 1220 Grams

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i've been eyeing a set and looking for this info, thanks.
also, can anyone tell me how the engagement is on these, points, pawls, comparison to another hub, etc?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[QUOTE='size]i've been eyeing a set and looking for this info, thanks.
also, can anyone tell me how the engagement is on these, points, pawls, comparison to another hub, etc?[/QUOTE]

3 paws and very easy to work on. They engage just as nice as my old Sun's did.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
mtb_biker said:
5.1's are in that equation for sure , or 721's
5.1's, hope pro II, dt comp spokes, alu nipples.

how far off am i, oh go of component weights!?!? (ps, your site was quite helpful in my quest!)

·
Registered
412 Posts
outlaws beat the dee's in weight and price. see as how you can get 3 sets of outlaws for the price of 1 set of dee's, sounds like a winner to me.

now does anyone know the weight of industry 9's to compare.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Merkyworks said:
outlaws beat the dee's in weight and price. see as how you can get 3 sets of outlaws for the price of 1 set of dee's, sounds like a winner to me.

now does anyone know the weight of industry 9's to compare.
I9's rear wheel is just under 1000 gs and the front are less than 750 gs. They cost a crap load though.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ehansen007 said:
Great to know. I just had a set show up at my door too! Can't wait to get em on the Stinky! Do you guys recommend any tubes? I've got the Maxxis Mobster 2.5 super tackys.
I run mine tubeless with Michelin tires and DH2 Maxxis rim strips. No sealent needed. Just wet the strips and tires and pop them on. Never had a problem out of the 2 years I have ran them this way on both DH and All Mt. bikes.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
thanks for the info. actually this evening i'm going to begin relacing my outlaws with DT spokes and alum. nips. i'll post weight results.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.