Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how long the Azonic headlock can be extended?

I checked the Azonic web site and see they have an "MTB" and an "MTB Long" version. Whatever that means. I need something that can extend at least 10.5"

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tarpon said:
They make a headlock type system that I think is nicer than the Azonic. Not sure how long they can go though, you could email them to find out.

http://www.woodmancomponents.com/products/preloads/capsulex.html
Get OUT of my head!!! :eek: I actually JUST bought one before reading your post :D It's actually a bit flimsy and everyone says easy to break if you torque it just a little too tight. But it's very adjustable from very short to very long. But my LBS didn't have the azonic in stock so I got the Woodman. But no complaints. And I might have to correct myself. I think the azonic "long" is 9.5" minimum. And it can go longer from there. So I'm sure it would've fit. I just didn't want to wait for the shipment.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You can strengthen it...

I actually broke (from overtightening) the socket head cap screw that attaches the top cap to the shaft (it's aluminum). After removing the broken part from the shaft I replaced it with a stainless one, it's not going to break again. You could replace the bolt now and never have to worry about it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tarpon said:
I actually broke (from overtightening) the socket head cap screw that attaches the top cap to the shaft (it's aluminum). After removing the broken part from the shaft I replaced it with a stainless one, it's not going to break again. You could replace the bolt now and never have to worry about it.
I said GET OUT of my head!!! Right afterwards I spoke with my friend that also had a Woodman and he said he just broke his and went out to buy a stainless one to replace too. Freaky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts