Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
G3Riders
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this ever been posted, but two different bikes from two different companies are the same products :eek:

Azonic B-52 frame looks exactly the same as German manufacturer's Poison Furan frame. Just different shocks.

Funny. Bikes from Taiwan :)

·
Pro Crastinator
12,010 Posts
it's because both companies (like 10 different companies actually) bought the frame from the same manufacturer and then put thier own stickers...

almost everything with the AZONIC name on it is rebranded junk from somewhere else....

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you are sponsored by Azonic then the best price would be? I have to say, I have heard very good things about this frame from all my friends at Azonic. They are telling me this is one of the best frames that Azonic has used for its yearly line up. I am sponsored by them, but ride for Giant. If I didn't have a deal with Giant I would probably get one. I bet you could build a sub 35lb 7" DH bike using that frame.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
I rode one around in a parking lot and hated it. Of course you can't judge anything by a parking lot test but the geometry felt quite odd to me.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
isn't it made by "Xtension"? or is that just another company slapping stickers on'em?

and captain spaulding, I wouldn't say it's necessarily a result of having your products built in Asia.. ??? Don't see any Santa Cruz's, Giants, Specializeds, etc. with relabeled frames elsewhere on the market? Any shimano products relabeled in germany? nope. It's just the result of choosing your products from a cookie cutter catalog...

·
dontcha?
1,433 Posts
BikeSATORI said:
isn't it made by "Xtension"? or is that just another company slapping stickers on'em?

and captain spaulding, I wouldn't say it's necessarily a result of having your products built in Asia.. ??? Don't see any Santa Cruz's, Giants, Specializeds, etc. with relabeled frames elsewhere on the market? Any shimano products relabeled in germany? nope. It's just the result of choosing your products from a cookie cutter catalog...
I guess what I was getting at is there isn't anywhere else in the world where you can forego all design work, blueprinting, and testing and simply buy somebody else's design from a catalog and put your name on it and sell it..

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
i love the name though, first frame i've heard of named after a heterocycle, too bad they didn't paint the actual structure on

·
Registered
375 Posts
coma13 said:
I rode one around in a parking lot and hated it. Of course you can't judge anything by a parking lot test but the geometry felt quite odd to me.
more details? the only versions of this in the usa are the azonic prototypes. production models still haven't shipped.

·
Registered
375 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
prototypes of a catalogue frame huh? the only thing prototype on them is the stickers....
correct me, they haven't received the production frames, the only frames they have are the small batch they ordered well before placing the production order, that they use for testing, and showing (Interbike)...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The B52 and Kraftstoff has 190mm rear travel but the Furan and the Dual Faces has only 170mm... so they dif in the linkage plates...

I have an Dual Faces... will post some pics under Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
it's because both companies (like 10 different companies actually) bought the frame from the same manufacturer and then put thier own stickers...

almost everything with the AZONIC name on it is rebranded junk from somewhere else....
true dat........bought from extension bikes in taiwan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.