Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's up for some Goat Campin deluxe fun-o-rama? CactusJoe is in and I'm pretty sure PaulB and maybe even a little CoyoteKis (both GC virgins) will show. This can be done as a loop with the gnar 3-mile DH (bring armor - I have some spare for you to borrow Ms. Coyote), or it can be done as an out-and-back XC. Both are great rides.

FIP @ 10AM

Directions from I-10... head west, way way west of Phoenix. Exit at 303 and head north. After about 7 miles turn left on Olive. It's $6 to enter the park so bring cash. Take the first left after the entrance and park near the first resthouse.

Post up if you plan to join...

Krein and Mikesee??? Bring those Lenz's on up from Tucson and join us!

Here's the video I made from my last run on Goat Camp to wet your GC appetite. Ironically, it was on Nov 22 and Monday's ride is on Dec 22.

<br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/2327236">Goat Camp - Nov 2008 - rev 2</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/durtgurl">DurtGurl</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

·
Salty Dog
366 Posts
Hmmmmm.... let's see.... I ride Hawes on Sunday, will I be ok for GC on Monday? Never ridden it, but it looks like my kinda ride.... hmmmmmm

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Salty Dog said:
Hmmmmm.... let's see.... I ride Hawes on Sunday, will I be ok for GC on Monday? Never ridden it, but it looks like my kinda ride.... hmmmmmm
You'll be fine!!! I'm riding Alta/Bajada or some SoMo variation on Sunday so we can limp up the long climb to Goat Camp together on Monday.

·
Nothing can stop me now
1,045 Posts
MikeSee bait????

DG,

You really. really want to ride with Mikesee don't you? GC should be right up his alley from what I can tell.

How long is the commute on a Monday morning do you think, from the Tukster? I am guessing close to an hour assuming some light commuting traffic.

bobo

·
A Huckin' Hypocrite
378 Posts
Doctors Note?

Is this a scapula doctor approved ride:nono: :D

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
monday...gc had to be on a monday...wahhhhhh! I'm sure Jeff will be there. Darn unemployed people get to ride all day...sigh

Have FUN! I love love love GC. Are you going to try the new Mesquite connector and dump Willow/Ford from the loop?

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bobo_krkk_NIN said:
DG,

You really. really want to ride with Mikesee don't you? GC should be right up his alley from what I can tell.

How long is the commute on a Monday morning do you think, from the Tukster? I am guessing close to an hour assuming some light commuting traffic.

bobo
Am I that transparent? :yesnod: I really really wanna ride with Mikesee!!

Yea, it'll be about an hour's drive from Ahwatukee on a light-traffic Monday.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
su.ling~ said:
monday...gc had to be on a monday...wahhhhhh! I'm sure Jeff will be there. Darn unemployed people get to ride all day...sigh

Have FUN! I love love love GC. Are you going to try the new Mesquite connector and dump Willow/Ford from the loop?
I'm thinking you have a cold coming on.... do you feel it? Everyone's been sick. You definitely need Monday off to rest and relax on Goat Camp.

If unemployed Jeffro comes he can show me the way to the mesquite connector. Sounds like a good plan.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If I can get off work I might join up with ya. I had a blast last time...we'll see if I can get off...cough, cough...think I'm coming down with something.

·
Ridin bikes is fun
784 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting in on some of the winter fling rides, but Monday is out for me. What's next?

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
surfndav said:
I'm looking forward to getting in on some of the winter fling rides, but Monday is out for me. What's next?
I know what's next!
Hows about you return my PM asking you to return my road bike. I need it back for somebody. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup: :D :skep:

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
DurtGurl said:
(bring armor - I have some spare for you to borrow Ms. Coyote), or it can be done as an out-and-back XC. Both are great rides.
Well dayum! I said DAYUM! Armor? :idea: I'm thinking anything that requires armor is beyond my wee-puppy coyote skills. Jury is out on this one. Hmm. Let me see if I can get a hall pass... and if so, I'm thinking I just need to bring the pom poms to cheer on you crazy cake kids as you take on the downhill. Awfully kind of you to offer your armor, Kathleen. :cornut: Thank you. I'll let you or CactusJoe know if I can pull this off.

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Post up if you plan to join...
Well duh, I guess I'll be there. The big bike is feeling neglected, riding with all these fitness masochists lately. :D

I think it's time to feel the danger again. I'm getting all worked up now. Must bottle it and save it for monday....

Besides, I've riden the Ti Diva into the ground lately, and I think she needs a break. And a new drivetrain. Or at least an overhaul.

I'll be at your place at about 830-ish. Dibs on shotgun. :cool:

-JB

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
CoyoteKis said:
Well dayum! I said DAYUM! Armor? :idea: I'm thinking anything that requires armor is beyond my wee-puppy coyote skills. Jury is out on this one. Hmm. Let me see if I can get a hall pass... and if so, I'm thinking I just need to bring the pom poms to cheer on you crazy cake kids as you take on the downhill. Awfully kind of you to offer your armor, Kathleen. :cornut: Thank you. I'll let you or CactusJoe know if I can pull this off.
Seriously, just listen to your instincts and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

That goes for all of you on the fence, by the way. Fear not the Goat Camp. Fear the fear of the Goat Camp. Or something like that. :skep:

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
CactusJoe said:
Seriously, just listen to your instincts and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:
And if my instincts tell me this is over my head? heh-heh :prft: Just watched the vid, and ain't enough Cactus Juice in the world to make me take on that terrain.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
azepicriderandrunner said:
So does this mean no Tucson visit for the Phx crew?

DG, I sent MC and Krein an email about your thread in case they are not on MTBR tomorrow.
Miligrosa for this Phx crew will be next week, probably on the 29th or the 30th when NewMexJoe and Jim Beam are visiting.

Thanks for passing on the Goat Camp info!

·
This place needs an enema
15,604 Posts
azepicriderandrunner said:
DG, I sent MC and Krein an email about your thread in case they are not on MTBR tomorrow.
Hey Chadwick--thanks for the e'd headsup--we woulda missed this for sure.

And since you were kind enough to let us know about this here e-vent, we feel obliged to return the favor by pickin' you up at oh-seven-hundred on Monday AM to head out there with us.

The only remaining question to answer is whether you're making us breakfast or buying it en route? ;)

And DG--thanks for the invite--looking forward to the gnar tech chunk challenge...

MC

1 - 20 of 52 Posts