Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
I understand that they have only just been released, and are sold as a pair of lights. They use a pair of Luxeon III emitters per light, so I would expect them to be quite similar to running a pair of CatEye Double Shots or similar twin emitter lights. They have two Lithium Polymer pack options, one that will give two and a half hours burn time, the other up to six hours.

The ability for custom colours and engraving sounds cool, as does the touch sensitive housing for switching. I assume it’s based on a capacitive touch sensor setup of some description. Each light head can be rotated independently of its base too, and the whole system sounds like it’s pretty robust from what they mention on their site.

Two light heads, two batteries with 6 hours burn time each, and a charger, mains adaptor, cable ties and extension cables for that price isn’t too bad at all considering!

It would be interesting to have a closer look at a set of these. :thumbsup:

Dave.

·
I always bleed like this.
496 Posts
I have been waiting for them to go on sale as well. I was kinda hoping the delay was for an adaptation of the original luxeon to a cree or something. No rumor here, just wishful thinking. For the price, it is the package with the most bang for the buck as long as shipping from down under is not to high. I will probably be a guinea pig if they ever go on sale.

·
Weekend Warrior
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually received an email yesterday, 1 March seems to be the release date for their product. I don't think the shipping price should be that high as they are such a tiny package. I was waiting on some stats, (lumen output etc). But I'm still just thinking about getting a single trail tech HID for half the price.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have seen the Ay-Up boys on the trails quite a bit around brisbane. If you want to see them - try Gap Creek on a Tuesday night. As for the lights - very impressive looking construction and very competitivly priced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.