Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss a memo?? It looks like the AXS build kits increased in price $500... I swear a Ripley AXS kit was $7699 a couple weeks ago and all other components seem to be the same. Am I remembering wrong?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, it was revive on all builds I believe
That may be the difference... Looks like street price for AXS Reverb $800!! I wasn't paying that much attention until recently, but the wife recently demo'd a Ripley XTR build and is stricken. Ugh!

An AXS build spec'd to match the XTR is $700 more. I'm not sure I'm seeing the value in AXS.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shimano works fantastic, just saying. those double upshifts and crip downshifts under load are pretty nice.
I've never found SRAM to be as smooth or precise as Shimano. Although, I now have 3 bikes in the garage with SRAM XO1 or XX1...

The XTR 1x12 is phenomenal. I'm hearing XT 1x12 is just as good.

·
Registered
439 Posts
shimano works fantastic, just saying. those double upshifts and crisp downshifts under load are pretty nice...as is the BikeYoke :)
Yes I kinda miss my Shimano stuff. I have x01 because I never though Shimano was going to leave 2015. Ibis is taking their sweet time with Shimano anyway as the xt version seems to still spec the old one. That XT build isn't going to sell anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.