Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say thanks to Hardlite for making sure I got a proper fitment rear axle - if you like there stuff you can find them on amazon.

I decided to replace the QD axle with a fixed axle and a matching rear axle to cut some weight since I dont plan on removing the wheel except to change tires etc from now on.

Finding the front replacement was super easy and shed 85gr - the rear proved to be more tricky but shed 16gr - total cost with shipping was 57.00 - luckily the rep from hardlite was extremely responsive and helpful.

I've decided to turn my 2021 trance 3 into a dual suspension XC bike essentially with a dropper - I think I can get the weight realistically down to 24 pounds, maybe 22 without carbon or titanium or crazy amounts of money - sub 5K - I havent resold the OEM parts.

Bike OTD was 2340 with Stamp 1 pedals
tubeless conversion - 375gr - free
sticker and chain guards - 100gr - free
bottle bolts to plastic caps - 8gr - .50
Hardlite axles - 101gr - 57.00
Tioga Undercover Stratum seat chromoloy - 120gr - 83.00
Wren 40mm hub, Esi racer grips, Spank 780 oozy - 183gr - 155.00

Next up are tires and rotors.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nice..thanks for sharing this...thats basically saving a quarter pound..

I weeneed out my gravel bike and used these. the only thing i will say is that when you flat in a race scenario, have that 5mm ready to pull your wheel off. I raced DK200 and learned this the hard way (2x) where its much easier to have a QR to take off the skewer rather than having to dig for your 5mm.
It sounds minor but the time and mental effort that it takes in a race is nice to not have one more thing to deal with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts