Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where I can find the following AC measurements?

-Pike 454 Air U-turn
-Lyrik 2-step
-Fox 36 TALAS

I looked at the Rockshox website, but didn't find anything. Also did a search here, but am not sure what combo of words will lead me to the info. I'm pretty sure I've seen this info here, but am having a hard time locating it.

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. Found the info.
 

·
Trophy Husband
Joined
·
3,011 Posts
I find this list helpful...it might be nice if a moderator ("ahem" SSINGA) made a sticky for a2c measurements with this info and people could add measurement from 2008 and the future.

CANNONDALE

leftymax 140 spv : 510 mm
leftyspeed DLR 110mm: 480mm
superfatty 80mm: 478mm
Fatty 50mm: 448mm


FOX

vanilla R 2005: 510 mm
Talas RL 2004: 490 mm
Talas RLC 2006: 503mm
Talas RLC 2007: 511mm
vanilla 2004 un peu moins de 500 mm
Float 80mm : 451mm
100mm : 471mm


36 Talas(2006) en 150mm : 535mm
en 110mm : 495mm
36VAN RC2 (2006) en 160: 545mm
40 (2006) : en 178mm : 546mm
-------------- en 203mm : 571mm


KOWA

80 Cs (2006) en 100 mm: 470 mm



MARZO

Z1 130mm drop off QR20: 503mm (2001)
Z1 FR SL (2003) 530 mm
Z1 FR 130 (2005): 518mm
Z1 FR 150 (2005): 538 mm
Z1 MCR (2001)130: 510mm
Z1 LIGHT ETA 150mm (2006): 538.5mm
Z3 Flylight 100mm (2000): 500mm
Z5 air en 100 (2001): 478 mm
888 (2005) en 200mm, 605mm
888 (2005) en 170mm, 575mm
888 (2006) en 200mm: 579mm
66 (2005) en 170mm, 595mm
66 (2005) en 150mm, 575mm
66 (2006) en 170mm: 555mm
66 (2006) en 150mm: 535mm
Marathon S millésime 2002 100mm -> 480 mm
Marathon S 120mm (2005): 495mm
Marathon XC 120mm 2005: 495mm
MX Comp en 105mm: 478 mm
MX Comp en 105mm (2006): 484.3mm
MX Comp en 120 mm : 493 mm
MX Comp en 120mm (2006): 499mm
MX Comp en 85 mm : 458 mm
MZ comp en 100 mm: 488 mm
EXR PRO en 105 mm: 478 mm
EXR PRO en 120 mm: 493 mm
all mountain 110 498mm
all mountain 130: 518 mm
all mountain 150 (2005): 538 mm
all mountain 150 (2006): 541.5mm
DJ2 2004 = 500mm
DJ en 100 mm (2005): 488 mm
DIRT JUMPER (2006) en 100mm: 483.5mm
shiver sc 120 mm : 510 mm
shiver DC: 572mm
Junior T 2003/2004/2005: 555mm
Junior T 2001 = 540mm
Monster en 200 mm: 595 mm

MARZO 2007:
Corsa WC 80mm:464mm (déport 44mm)
Corsa WC 100mm: 474mm
XC700 SL: 464-504mm (déport 34,5mm)
XC600: 474mm
XC500: 474mm
Z1 RC2: 538mm
Drop Off 3: 538mm
AM SL 1: 511-551mm (déport 44.7mm)
AM 2: 531mm
AM 3: 531mm
DJ 1: 483mm (déport 44,5mm)
DJ 2: 483mm
DJ 3: 483mm
Dirt Jam Pro: 483mm
66 SL 1 ATA: 525-565mm (déport 44mm)
66 RC2X: 565mm
66 RC2 ETA: 565mm
888 WC: 584mm (déport43.5mm)
888 SL ATA: 554-584mm
888 RC2X VA:, 584mm
888 RV: 584mm
Super T RCV: 574mm
MX Pro ETA: 508mm (déport 44,3mm)
MX Pro ETA: 488mm
MX Pro: 488mm
MX Pro: 468mm
MX Comp 1": 468mm
MX Pro I.S.: 488mm


MAVERICK

Duc 32 : 517 mm


ROCK SHOX

pike: 517mm (deport 42mm)
Lyrik en 160mm: 545mm +/- 5mm
Domain en 180mm: 565mm +/- 5mm
Totem en 180mm: 565mm +/- 5mm

Reba 85mm: 458mm (déport 39mm)
Reba WC en 85mm : 465mm
Reba en 100 mm : 473 mm (déport 39mm)
Reba WC en 100 mm : 480mm
Reba 115mm: 488mm (déport 39mm)
Reba 29" 100mm: 510mm (déport 39mm)

Boxxer 04 (178mm de débattement), 555mm en position basse
Boxxer 2005 race, team et world cup en 203mm : 570mm en position basse
Psylo SL uturn : 510 mm
Duke XC 80 mm 2004 : 460 mm
Duke C (année inconnue) 80 mm de dbt : 440 mm
Pilot en 100mm : 475mm

SID RACE 80mm: 442mm
SID SL 2001 80mm: 450mm
SID 1998 63mm : 435mm

Revelation 130mm (2006): 508mm (déport 39mm)
Revelation 100mm (2006): 478mm (déport 39mm)

PACE

Distance RC 39 modèle 2005 en 100 mm: 470mm
RC41 Fighter en 150mm 2006: 524mm


MANITOU

Axel Elite 100mm : 480mm
Skareb Super TPC 100mm (modéle 2005): 475 mm
Black Platinum (Reglage maximum):515mm
black comp 2002: 475mm en debat 100mm
Stance Flow:502/532mm
Stance Kingpin: 540mm
Stance Static 80mm: 460mm
Stance Static 100mm: 480mm
Dorado DH: 542.5mm
Sherman Breakout Plus: 512/552mm
Sherman Flick Plus: 492/532mm
Sherman Firefly Plus: 492/532mm
Sherman Jumper: 455mm
Sherman Jumper 110mm : 480mm
Sherman Slider Plus: 540mm
Nixon Platinum/Super/Elite: 518mm
Minute 1/2/3: 505mm
Minute 3 (en 100mm): 470 mm
Millenium: 505mm
Splice 100 mm: 505mm
Splice Elite 130mm : 525mm
R7 (2006) en 100mm: 470mm


SUNTOUR

XCP-E en 100mm = 480mm
XCP-DRL en 80mm: 460mm
XC-50: 455mm
xcp 75: 465mm
ncx-d en 80 : 450 mm (2005)

MAGURA

Big Ego en 185 mm : 580 mm
Thor en 150 mm : 535 mm
Ronin en 110 mm : 483 mm
Phaon en 125 mm : 504 mm
Asgard en 100 mm : 476 mm
Asgard en 80 mm : 456 mm
Vidar en 80 mm : 456 mm
Quake 115 double té: 525 mm

FOURNALES

Cobra XC: 451 à 454 mm


SUNN

Carving (1998): 510mm
 

·
Chillin the Most
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
Here's one you can add to the Magura listing.

Magura

Wotan (2008) 160mm : 540mm


geolover said:
I find this list helpful...it might be nice if a moderator ("ahem" SSINGA) made a sticky for a2c measurements with this info and people could add measurement from 2008 and the future.

CANNONDALE

leftymax 140 spv : 510 mm
leftyspeed DLR 110mm: 480mm
superfatty 80mm: 478mm
Fatty 50mm: 448mm


FOX

vanilla R 2005: 510 mm
Talas RL 2004: 490 mm
Talas RLC 2006: 503mm
Talas RLC 2007: 511mm
vanilla 2004 un peu moins de 500 mm
Float 80mm : 451mm
100mm : 471mm


36 Talas(2006) en 150mm : 535mm
en 110mm : 495mm
36VAN RC2 (2006) en 160: 545mm
40 (2006) : en 178mm : 546mm
-------------- en 203mm : 571mm


KOWA

80 Cs (2006) en 100 mm: 470 mm



MARZO

Z1 130mm drop off QR20: 503mm (2001)
Z1 FR SL (2003) 530 mm
Z1 FR 130 (2005): 518mm
Z1 FR 150 (2005): 538 mm
Z1 MCR (2001)130: 510mm
Z1 LIGHT ETA 150mm (2006): 538.5mm
Z3 Flylight 100mm (2000): 500mm
Z5 air en 100 (2001): 478 mm
888 (2005) en 200mm, 605mm
888 (2005) en 170mm, 575mm
888 (2006) en 200mm: 579mm
66 (2005) en 170mm, 595mm
66 (2005) en 150mm, 575mm
66 (2006) en 170mm: 555mm
66 (2006) en 150mm: 535mm
Marathon S millésime 2002 100mm -> 480 mm
Marathon S 120mm (2005): 495mm
Marathon XC 120mm 2005: 495mm
MX Comp en 105mm: 478 mm
MX Comp en 105mm (2006): 484.3mm
MX Comp en 120 mm : 493 mm
MX Comp en 120mm (2006): 499mm
MX Comp en 85 mm : 458 mm
MZ comp en 100 mm: 488 mm
EXR PRO en 105 mm: 478 mm
EXR PRO en 120 mm: 493 mm
all mountain 110 498mm
all mountain 130: 518 mm
all mountain 150 (2005): 538 mm
all mountain 150 (2006): 541.5mm
DJ2 2004 = 500mm
DJ en 100 mm (2005): 488 mm
DIRT JUMPER (2006) en 100mm: 483.5mm
shiver sc 120 mm : 510 mm
shiver DC: 572mm
Junior T 2003/2004/2005: 555mm
Junior T 2001 = 540mm
Monster en 200 mm: 595 mm

MARZO 2007:
Corsa WC 80mm:464mm (déport 44mm)
Corsa WC 100mm: 474mm
XC700 SL: 464-504mm (déport 34,5mm)
XC600: 474mm
XC500: 474mm
Z1 RC2: 538mm
Drop Off 3: 538mm
AM SL 1: 511-551mm (déport 44.7mm)
AM 2: 531mm
AM 3: 531mm
DJ 1: 483mm (déport 44,5mm)
DJ 2: 483mm
DJ 3: 483mm
Dirt Jam Pro: 483mm
66 SL 1 ATA: 525-565mm (déport 44mm)
66 RC2X: 565mm
66 RC2 ETA: 565mm
888 WC: 584mm (déport43.5mm)
888 SL ATA: 554-584mm
888 RC2X VA:, 584mm
888 RV: 584mm
Super T RCV: 574mm
MX Pro ETA: 508mm (déport 44,3mm)
MX Pro ETA: 488mm
MX Pro: 488mm
MX Pro: 468mm
MX Comp 1": 468mm
MX Pro I.S.: 488mm


MAVERICK

Duc 32 : 517 mm


ROCK SHOX

pike: 517mm (deport 42mm)
Lyrik en 160mm: 545mm +/- 5mm
Domain en 180mm: 565mm +/- 5mm
Totem en 180mm: 565mm +/- 5mm

Reba 85mm: 458mm (déport 39mm)
Reba WC en 85mm : 465mm
Reba en 100 mm : 473 mm (déport 39mm)
Reba WC en 100 mm : 480mm
Reba 115mm: 488mm (déport 39mm)
Reba 29" 100mm: 510mm (déport 39mm)

Boxxer 04 (178mm de débattement), 555mm en position basse
Boxxer 2005 race, team et world cup en 203mm : 570mm en position basse
Psylo SL uturn : 510 mm
Duke XC 80 mm 2004 : 460 mm
Duke C (année inconnue) 80 mm de dbt : 440 mm
Pilot en 100mm : 475mm

SID RACE 80mm: 442mm
SID SL 2001 80mm: 450mm
SID 1998 63mm : 435mm

Revelation 130mm (2006): 508mm (déport 39mm)
Revelation 100mm (2006): 478mm (déport 39mm)

PACE

Distance RC 39 modèle 2005 en 100 mm: 470mm
RC41 Fighter en 150mm 2006: 524mm


MANITOU

Axel Elite 100mm : 480mm
Skareb Super TPC 100mm (modéle 2005): 475 mm
Black Platinum (Reglage maximum):515mm
black comp 2002: 475mm en debat 100mm
Stance Flow:502/532mm
Stance Kingpin: 540mm
Stance Static 80mm: 460mm
Stance Static 100mm: 480mm
Dorado DH: 542.5mm
Sherman Breakout Plus: 512/552mm
Sherman Flick Plus: 492/532mm
Sherman Firefly Plus: 492/532mm
Sherman Jumper: 455mm
Sherman Jumper 110mm : 480mm
Sherman Slider Plus: 540mm
Nixon Platinum/Super/Elite: 518mm
Minute 1/2/3: 505mm
Minute 3 (en 100mm): 470 mm
Millenium: 505mm
Splice 100 mm: 505mm
Splice Elite 130mm : 525mm
R7 (2006) en 100mm: 470mm


SUNTOUR

XCP-E en 100mm = 480mm
XCP-DRL en 80mm: 460mm
XC-50: 455mm
xcp 75: 465mm
ncx-d en 80 : 450 mm (2005)

MAGURA

Big Ego en 185 mm : 580 mm
Thor en 150 mm : 535 mm
Ronin en 110 mm : 483 mm
Phaon en 125 mm : 504 mm
Asgard en 100 mm : 476 mm
Asgard en 80 mm : 456 mm
Vidar en 80 mm : 456 mm
Quake 115 double té: 525 mm

FOURNALES

Cobra XC: 451 à 454 mm


SUNN

Carving (1998): 510mm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Fox 32 Van R

Is the a2c on the 2008 Van R the same as the 07 Talas RLC listed below? My question is how could a 130mm RS Tora be 509mm a2c and the Fox Talas RLC only be 511mm for a 140mm fork. 10mm more travel and only 2mm difference. Please help.

geolover said:
I find this list helpful...it might be nice if a moderator ("ahem" SSINGA) made a sticky for a2c measurements with this info and people could add measurement from 2008 and the future.

CANNONDALE

leftymax 140 spv : 510 mm
leftyspeed DLR 110mm: 480mm
superfatty 80mm: 478mm
Fatty 50mm: 448mm


FOX

vanilla R 2005: 510 mm
Talas RL 2004: 490 mm
Talas RLC 2006: 503mm
Talas RLC 2007: 511mm
vanilla 2004 un peu moins de 500 mm
Float 80mm : 451mm
100mm : 471mm


36 Talas(2006) en 150mm : 535mm
en 110mm : 495mm
36VAN RC2 (2006) en 160: 545mm
40 (2006) : en 178mm : 546mm
-------------- en 203mm : 571mm


KOWA

80 Cs (2006) en 100 mm: 470 mm



MARZO

Z1 130mm drop off QR20: 503mm (2001)
Z1 FR SL (2003) 530 mm
Z1 FR 130 (2005): 518mm
Z1 FR 150 (2005): 538 mm
Z1 MCR (2001)130: 510mm
Z1 LIGHT ETA 150mm (2006): 538.5mm
Z3 Flylight 100mm (2000): 500mm
Z5 air en 100 (2001): 478 mm
888 (2005) en 200mm, 605mm
888 (2005) en 170mm, 575mm
888 (2006) en 200mm: 579mm
66 (2005) en 170mm, 595mm
66 (2005) en 150mm, 575mm
66 (2006) en 170mm: 555mm
66 (2006) en 150mm: 535mm
Marathon S millésime 2002 100mm -> 480 mm
Marathon S 120mm (2005): 495mm
Marathon XC 120mm 2005: 495mm
MX Comp en 105mm: 478 mm
MX Comp en 105mm (2006): 484.3mm
MX Comp en 120 mm : 493 mm
MX Comp en 120mm (2006): 499mm
MX Comp en 85 mm : 458 mm
MZ comp en 100 mm: 488 mm
EXR PRO en 105 mm: 478 mm
EXR PRO en 120 mm: 493 mm
all mountain 110 498mm
all mountain 130: 518 mm
all mountain 150 (2005): 538 mm
all mountain 150 (2006): 541.5mm
DJ2 2004 = 500mm
DJ en 100 mm (2005): 488 mm
DIRT JUMPER (2006) en 100mm: 483.5mm
shiver sc 120 mm : 510 mm
shiver DC: 572mm
Junior T 2003/2004/2005: 555mm
Junior T 2001 = 540mm
Monster en 200 mm: 595 mm

MARZO 2007:
Corsa WC 80mm:464mm (déport 44mm)
Corsa WC 100mm: 474mm
XC700 SL: 464-504mm (déport 34,5mm)
XC600: 474mm
XC500: 474mm
Z1 RC2: 538mm
Drop Off 3: 538mm
AM SL 1: 511-551mm (déport 44.7mm)
AM 2: 531mm
AM 3: 531mm
DJ 1: 483mm (déport 44,5mm)
DJ 2: 483mm
DJ 3: 483mm
Dirt Jam Pro: 483mm
66 SL 1 ATA: 525-565mm (déport 44mm)
66 RC2X: 565mm
66 RC2 ETA: 565mm
888 WC: 584mm (déport43.5mm)
888 SL ATA: 554-584mm
888 RC2X VA:, 584mm
888 RV: 584mm
Super T RCV: 574mm
MX Pro ETA: 508mm (déport 44,3mm)
MX Pro ETA: 488mm
MX Pro: 488mm
MX Pro: 468mm
MX Comp 1": 468mm
MX Pro I.S.: 488mm


MAVERICK

Duc 32 : 517 mm


ROCK SHOX

pike: 517mm (deport 42mm)
Lyrik en 160mm: 545mm +/- 5mm
Domain en 180mm: 565mm +/- 5mm
Totem en 180mm: 565mm +/- 5mm

Reba 85mm: 458mm (déport 39mm)
Reba WC en 85mm : 465mm
Reba en 100 mm : 473 mm (déport 39mm)
Reba WC en 100 mm : 480mm
Reba 115mm: 488mm (déport 39mm)
Reba 29" 100mm: 510mm (déport 39mm)

Boxxer 04 (178mm de débattement), 555mm en position basse
Boxxer 2005 race, team et world cup en 203mm : 570mm en position basse
Psylo SL uturn : 510 mm
Duke XC 80 mm 2004 : 460 mm
Duke C (année inconnue) 80 mm de dbt : 440 mm
Pilot en 100mm : 475mm

SID RACE 80mm: 442mm
SID SL 2001 80mm: 450mm
SID 1998 63mm : 435mm

Revelation 130mm (2006): 508mm (déport 39mm)
Revelation 100mm (2006): 478mm (déport 39mm)

PACE

Distance RC 39 modèle 2005 en 100 mm: 470mm
RC41 Fighter en 150mm 2006: 524mm


MANITOU

Axel Elite 100mm : 480mm
Skareb Super TPC 100mm (modéle 2005): 475 mm
Black Platinum (Reglage maximum):515mm
black comp 2002: 475mm en debat 100mm
Stance Flow:502/532mm
Stance Kingpin: 540mm
Stance Static 80mm: 460mm
Stance Static 100mm: 480mm
Dorado DH: 542.5mm
Sherman Breakout Plus: 512/552mm
Sherman Flick Plus: 492/532mm
Sherman Firefly Plus: 492/532mm
Sherman Jumper: 455mm
Sherman Jumper 110mm : 480mm
Sherman Slider Plus: 540mm
Nixon Platinum/Super/Elite: 518mm
Minute 1/2/3: 505mm
Minute 3 (en 100mm): 470 mm
Millenium: 505mm
Splice 100 mm: 505mm
Splice Elite 130mm : 525mm
R7 (2006) en 100mm: 470mm


SUNTOUR

XCP-E en 100mm = 480mm
XCP-DRL en 80mm: 460mm
XC-50: 455mm
xcp 75: 465mm
ncx-d en 80 : 450 mm (2005)

MAGURA

Big Ego en 185 mm : 580 mm
Thor en 150 mm : 535 mm
Ronin en 110 mm : 483 mm
Phaon en 125 mm : 504 mm
Asgard en 100 mm : 476 mm
Asgard en 80 mm : 456 mm
Vidar en 80 mm : 456 mm
Quake 115 double té: 525 mm

FOURNALES

Cobra XC: 451 à 454 mm


SUNN

Carving (1998): 510mm
 

·
Trophy Husband
Joined
·
3,011 Posts
MTB-Daddy said:
Is the a2c on the 2008 Van R the same as the 07 Talas RLC listed below? My question is how could a 130mm RS Tora be 509mm a2c and the Fox Talas RLC only be 511mm for a 140mm fork. 10mm more travel and only 2mm difference. Please help.
I'm not sure, but I think the 08 Van R is the same height as the 07 Talas.

Reason the difference in a2c between the 130 Tora and 140 Talas is only 2mm is the reason for the list...because bike companies and fork makers are :crazy:

There is no industry standard of how much the axle to crown (a2c) height should be for a given amount of travel.

Axle to crown height does not equal fork travel. Although, they do have an effect on one another.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
The shape and thickness of the crown can make a difference and the casting where the axle is located, xc fork not much need for loads of reinforcing or dirt jump fork plenty required.
 

·
wuss
Joined
·
2,379 Posts
One thing to remember is that this list is just ripped from a random forum, and compiled buy some guy there. Most values are just measurements from one person / values found on other random forums.

Everything I can verify (or have bothered to) match pretty closely, but there could still be errors.
 

·
Trophy Husband
Joined
·
3,011 Posts
dropadrop said:
One thing to remember is that this list is just ripped from a random forum, and compiled buy some guy there. Most values are just measurements from one person / values found on other random forums.

Everything I can verify (or have bothered to) match pretty closely, but there could still be errors.
Absolutely. Don't believe everything you read (unless it's posted by Fo)...this is the internet after all. YMMV.

I just posted it as a starting point. From what I've seen, the measurements seem pretty believable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Thank you for the information. I take it you can have more travel with less crown material and dropout material?

Thanks again

geolover said:
I'm not sure, but I think the 08 Van R is the same height as the 07 Talas.

Reason the difference in a2c between the 130 Tora and 140 Talas is only 2mm is the reason for the list...because bike companies and fork makers are :crazy:

There is no industry standard of how much the axle to crown (a2c) height should be for a given amount of travel.

Axle to crown height does not equal fork travel. Although, they do have an effect on one another.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
36 180 is 565mm axle-to-crown

WebHelp

You can find them all (for Fox) under "product specifications" ---> "forks", then choosing year of the fork you're interested in, followed by the stanchion size/travel length. Hope that all makes sense.

Edit: That "WebHelp" link takes you to the appropriate Fox site.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top