Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I own two pair of the shorts. Can't really compare them to any of the expensive ones, since these are the only ones I own, but they sure beat regular underwear ;)

Some of the logo/lettering is wearing off after 4-5 washes, but for the price I'm not complaining.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Popper252 said:
This is a cross post from another thread but I was just wondering about the shorts.

How is the padding? What about sizes? I'm on the smaller side of 32. Would a medium fit alright?

Thanks
I am on the smaller side of 32 as well and the mediums fit me great! As far as the padding goes it is better then my fox pair and the same as the shorts I've looked at in the lbs, otherwise I don't have much to compare them too. They do seem plenty comfy in the saddle!:thumbsup:

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Wow, what a deal. It's worth a gamble if either short or jersey is worth the price. If both work out, it's twice as sweet. Thanks for the lead. Order sent.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pulsepro said:
This is a good deal for a newbie though.
Do only newbies' like good deals? Look at the number of posts some of the subscribers to this thread have! Do newbies' have less sensitive butts where they can get away with cheaper shorts? Are people looking at these shorts for all day epic rides probably not, but what they are good for is every day training and short races where you don't want to be washing your expensive shorts all the time. Sorry, that is just a silly statemant and I had to reply;)

·
No Clue Crew
7,704 Posts
I THINK the suggestion was that experienced riders wear bibs? Maybe? I dunno. If that's the case -- and despite 35 years on two wheels -- I'll be happy to be considered a newbie. Bibs? Please ...

Ah, disregard. I assumed these were baggies until I checked the link ...

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
I received shorts and short sleeve jersey a couple days ago. Nice for the price.

With temps in the 40's, I wore the shorts as a base layer for a 5 hour mtb ride yesterday. No complaints. The jersey material seemed a little thinner than other jerseys but I think it will be great this summer.

The sizing may be a little small but the snugness may be from my holiday diet.

·
I win.
713 Posts
I also got my shorts the other day. I wear about a 31 and ordered the medium. Fits me great.

Compared to some Pricepoint 8 panel shorts that I bought a while back these have a bit thinner lycra but the padding was excellent on my ride yesterday. More so than the premium pricepoint shorts.
These will make for great summer shorts!
Good value and fast shipping. I'm happy I got mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 38" waist and the XL shorts were right on. I am very glad I also got the XL in the shirt (42" chest) - if I had gotten a L they would have been skin tight (I hate skin tight clothes). The XL was still tight, and I'm sure the L would have been painted on.

Shorts are nice and comfy - good deal thus far. We'll see how they hold up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.